Any thought of buying or paying for something like friends or Twitter followers, or even visitors to a website, comes across as fake. No serious digital marketer will ever think about paid means of getting online traffic, followers or even ‘Like’s. The reason is simple: it does not add value to the business.
For Twitter, you will find hundreds of ads online that promise to get you thousands of Twitter followers for a pittance sum of money. You are a smart digital marketer. You know that ‘buying’ such followers do nothing for your business, mainly because these followers are actually fake accounts. Your tweets are neither read not retweeted by these followers. What’s worse, your content is not viewed by one extra person, even though your total Twitter followers show a jump of maybe 1000. Then, why bother with such means of getting followers?
How to buy legitimate Twitter Followers?
Done right, there is a legitimate way of getting Twitter followers . I’m talking about actual Twitter followers who will view your content, interact with your brand online and participate actively in spreading the word about your company. How is that done, you ask? Let’s find out!
Your first job is to reach across to people who you want as followers on your micro blogging page. The concept is to get people who are similar to followers that you already have. You can find them through geo-targeting. Start off the process with isolating users according to their location.
Alternatively, use the Followers Campaign on Twitter. This will help you segregate people on the basis of interests. With the help of interests and followers, you will be able to find out other Twitter users through a process loosely termed interest targeting. These are people with similar interests, in this case, your brand or product.
Use Tailored Audiences to reach people who have visited your website recently. Make a list of Twitter users with some degree of influence. Compile this list by finding out their names from subscriptions to email newsletters, white paper downloads or through signups for webinars, etc. Upload the list with their Twitter handles or email ids. You will be able to penetrate deeper with data picked up through the machinery of Twitter ads.
The next phase is when you tell your newly acquired list of Twitter followers about why they should bother to follow your page. If you play it by the book of Twitter, you should tell them frankly about why you think they should follow you. However, through experience I can tell you that it never works out that way! No one wants to know what is so awesome about your brand. Follow the universal tip of advertising: tell them what is in it for them!
You can do that by uploading content that is one of a kind. If these new users on your page find your content cool and shareable enough, the battle is very much won. You don’t need another reason to grab their attention or prevent them from unfollowing you. Another interesting fact proved through studies: add emojis! Yes, you read that right! With emojis, your chances of user engagement becomes so much higher than it is without them.
Let’s talk about the price tag now. The Followers Campaign of Twitter works on a pay-per-follow model. You don’t have to pay for clicks or website visits or even check-ins to the profile page. You will have to pay only when someone clicks on ‘Follow’ to follow your page. If you pay more, you will be able to reach out with a wider net to grab followers. A lower budget usually means a narrower net!
Your ad on Twitter through this campaign usually shows up on the right side of ‘Who to Follow’, a suggestion of choices that appear for every Twitter user. This makes up the sizeable chunk of views at 70%. The rest 30% views come from appearances in the users’ timelines.
In fact, Twitter is not shy of giving you a better rate if it happens that more people are willing to follow you!
Twitter can be a powerful tool in your weaponry, especially with a strong base of Twitter followers. Try this and let me know how it works out!