Link building is still one of the most effective means of getting Google’s attention. Now, to grab a spot on websites more reputed than yours, you have to come up with some killer content! That is probably the only way to earn back links from websites with higher stream of online visitors. They will allow you to put up your web link on their page only if that leads to content that looks good on their brand credibility. Brush up your content by following these easy steps:
- Create infographics. They are the ‘in’ thing now! To create infographics that are ‘share-worthy’, you need a crackling good copy and excellent designing. Hire professionals for this job. If your infographic is good work, you will not just get links but also ‘likes’ and ‘shares’ on social media networks.
- Cut down on lengthy copies for your website. Online readers were always looked upon as an impatient lot. Now the stakes are even higher with more websites and more options available to netizens. If you were writing 3000 words to get your idea across, bring it down to 500 or even lower! There is no point in rambling on. State it as it is and move on.
- Solve problems. Readers do not like to read about their problems and how difficult the problem is for them to deal with. If you know how to solve it, offer the solution. Ask questions in your post and go on to answer them. That will bring your content quickly under the attention of your reader. Once they get solutions to their queries, they will read more of what you have to say.
- Stop talking about your brand always. There are others topics to write about. You may leave out writing about your competitors and how bad they are! But speak of related issues that concern your domain. If you are selling shoes, you can afford to write a couple of posts here and there about pedicure or foot massage tips. It breaks away from the monotony.
- Offer to write guest posts. This will broaden your network as a writer and also mean well for your brand. Through guest posts you can reach out to readers who are not part of your network. Be ready for rejections! Keep trying and you will be surprised by what one published guest post can do for your brand.