One of the biggest worry of the owner of a website remains, if other businesses hurt the ranking of his /her site by spamming it. There are a handful of things that can be done to avoid the menace. The head of Google’s anti-spam team Matt Cutts throws light on the most effective of them.
1. Google designs its anti-spam algorithms in a way that they cannot be used to hurt its competitors.
2. Bad backlinks have to be avoided. Such link networks often have negative influence on Google rankings, which includes automatically created backlinks in blog spam, forum profile sites and links that are often created by a tool.
3. The disavow links from Google address negative SEO
Negative SEO is usually not welcomed in any website. So, chances of negative SEO through spam link building are bleak. The disavow link tool gives Google a list of backlinks that are needed to be avoided by the ranking algorithm. This is done through enabling the webmasters.
4. Attention diverted from negative SEO can be well invested in other things
Damaging other’s site with spam links does not help anybody much. In fact, the links help both the owner of the linked site and the targeted site to disavow spam links. The disavow link tool might not help you much. Google usually ignores any sort of spam link. The disavow link tool does not have much role to play in increasing the rankings of the websites. Only good backlinks can increase the rankings of your website. But, just removing the bad backlinks is not enough. Only a handful of good backlinks can also outweigh a large number of bad backlinks.
5. Make your website earn a strong position on Google
Make sure, Google is indexing all the pages of your website correctly. The website audit tool in SEOprofiler helps you in checking it properly. This service is available from Google for only $1. You need to make sure that all your pages are error free before starting the optimizing process. Apart from the website audit tool, the SEOprofiler has other tools for web page optimization, keyword research, link management, social media, result checking, link building and many more.