Slow websites will undo all the good work that you do in the online marketing department. No matter how successful your SEO drive is or how buzzing your social media scene is, you cannot make do with a website that takes ages to load up on the screens of users. How will you know the uploading time of your website? Here are the top 5 free online tools to help you test your website speed:
- Pingdom: Among the more popular tools of checking website speed, the Pingdom website speed checker is user-friendly and convenient to use. The performance of your website is graded on 100. You have the option of keeping the grades private or making it public to attract users. The performance of the website consists of factors like loading time and the webpage’s size.
- GT Metrix: The USP of this free online tool to check website speed is that it does not limit itself to showing you the speedometer. There are various other items that provide a unique insight to your website and how it is being regarded by online users. The report generated by GT Metrix includes statistics on the image optimization and CSS as well.
- Gomez: This tool requires specifics to be fed in before it can test the speed of your website. Once you type in the details, you will be able to active the speed graph and get the data that you are looking for. Loading time, first byte time and page size are a few of the components that make up the Gomez report.
- Google PageSpeed: The high point of this Google tool is that it distinguishes between visits from computer devices, be it laptops or desktops as opposed to visits from cell phones and Smartphones. The data specifications ensure that you get a fair idea of how mobile-friendly you website is.
- Web Page Test: This one is rich in function and variety. It offers you the option to select the browser to test the speed of your website. You can pick between Mozilla, Chrome and Internet Explorer. You can also select the kind of connection you have, something that plays a pivotal role in the website speed.