Video marketing is the ‘in’ thing today in the internet-marketing domain. Just a couple of years ago, videos were still not very popular because it took time to upload and consumed expensive internet bandwidth. In the times of better internet connectivity and less stiff bills, videos are on view instantly now. That is the main reason why internet-marketing companies are making a beeline for videos to display products and services. Are you thinking on the same lines? Here are some pointers to get you thinking:
- Videos featuring products and services will comprise 67% of internet traffic in 2017, according to Cisco. It is 57% now!
- The most popular video site online, YouTube, gets the insider’s benefit being part of the Google stable. The algorithms of Google are, of course, stacked in favor of YouTube videos.
- YouTube is second to Facebook only in terms of unique views per month. Got the hint?
You cannot pounce into the world of internet videos simply because you have got some statistics rolled up in your favor. Other than doing it, you also have to do it right. Here’s what you need to do:
- Fix a goal that the video will try to achieve. Generalized goals are not very convincing, either to your online marketing team, or to consumers to view your video. Your focus can be products and services or simply, brand building. Go for specifics in order to make the impact of the video stronger and more effective.
- Target your videos well. As an online marketer, you must know your consumer’s demographic details. Channelize your videos in those platforms for the right people to view them.
- Never leave videos ending on a flat note. Videos must incite and excite people. There has to be a strong call for action. You have to urge people into a certain territory. The language of motion pictures is more than that of words. Make that advantage count.
- Do not leave the relationship open. Close it by inviting people to your Facebook page or subscribing to your brand’s newsletter. Online leads count for much in the long haul. You can utilize videos to generate those precious leads.