Instagram, the numero uno photo sharing social network launched their unique story-telling feature, titled Instagram Stories. The purpose was simple: allowing the user to tell a story through the use of photos and videos. You could tell the story of your dating phase to marriage or from college life to a thoroughbred professional. Needless to say, the favourable response from users across the globe has turned Instagram ambitious about this feature.
Instagram Stories Ads
Now, Instagram is thinking of making some money from Stories. It is already generating 150 million users daily. Moreover, brands and businesses are using Stories to tell stories about their business, products and services.
With ad features and business insights, Stories will turn over a new leaf this New Year. Full-screen ads will appear on Stories in spans of 15 seconds. The format is likely to be sound-on video. Giant brands like Qantas, Maybelline and Netflix have teamed up with Instagram to try out this new ad feature.
Brands will be able to measure the audience reach through in-built features. Instagram Business Tools will help brands quantify their importance on Instagram. You can measure reach, impressions and exits of users on this social networking site.
Thanks to these measuring and quantifying tools, brands and businesses will figure out which type of content and ad sticks on for their users and which don’t. They will be able to create more user-friendly and effective content this way.
In the next few weeks, this feature of Instagram Stories will roll out in phases. If you are already looking to pump up ad revenue through social networks, especially Instagram, now is your chance to explore new opportunities.
Start off your plans today so that you can quickly get into the flow once the feature rolls out completely. After all, first movers always have an advantage in the social networking scenario.
Summary Pointers about Instagram Stories Ads
- Instagram Stories Ads are a type of advertising format that allows businesses to create full-screen vertical ads that appear between users’ Stories.
- These ads can be used to target specific audiences based on factors such as location, demographics, interests, and behaviors.
- Instagram Stories Ads can be created using the Ads Manager or Facebook Ads Manager.
- Businesses can choose from a range of ad formats, including video, photo, carousel, and canvas.
- Instagram offers a range of customization options, including stickers, filters, and text overlays, to make the ads more engaging and visually appealing.
- Businesses can include a call-to-action button such as “Shop Now,” “Learn More,” “Book Now,” or “Sign Up” to direct users to their website or landing page.
- Instagram Stories Ads are designed to be immersive and engaging, with a full-screen experience that captures users’ attention.
- Businesses can track the performance of their Instagram Stories Ads using Facebook Ads Manager or Instagram Insights, which provides data on impressions, reach, engagement, and more.
- Instagram Stories Ads can be an effective way for businesses to reach new audiences, promote their products or services, and increase brand awareness.
- To create effective Instagram Stories Ads, businesses should focus on creating visually compelling content, targeting the right audience, and using a clear and concise call-to-action to encourage users to take action.
How to use Instagram stories for marketing purpose?
- Plan your content strategy: Start by setting a goal for your Instagram Stories, and create a content plan around it. Decide on the type of content you want to post, such as product launches, behind-the-scenes glimpses, user-generated content, etc.
- Use high-quality visuals: Instagram Stories are highly visual, so make sure your images or videos are high-quality, visually appealing, and relevant to your brand.
- Add interactive elements: Instagram offers a variety of interactive features, such as polls, quizzes, countdowns, and questions. Use these features to engage with your audience and encourage them to interact with your brand.
- Use hashtags and location tags: Use relevant hashtags and location tags to increase your reach and visibility. This will help your content appear in searches and explore pages.
- Utilize Instagram’s features: Instagram Stories offer a range of features, such as stickers, filters, and text overlays. Use these to add personality to your posts and make them stand out.
- Utilize call-to-actions (CTAs): Use CTAs such as “swipe up” to direct viewers to your website or product page. You can also use CTAs to encourage users to engage with your content or follow your brand.
- Analyze your results: Instagram Insights provides valuable data about your Stories’ performance. Use this information to improve your content strategy and create more engaging content.
- Collaborate with influencers: Partnering with influencers in your industry can help increase your reach and engagement. Consider collaborating with influencers to create sponsored content or takeovers.
- Consistency is key: Regularly post Instagram Stories to keep your audience engaged and interested in your brand. However, don’t overwhelm them with too much content.
- Experiment and try new things: Don’t be afraid to try new things and experiment with different content types, formats, and strategies. This will help you find what works best for your brand and audience.
5 case studies of brands who used Instagram stories for marketing
- Airbnb: Airbnb used Instagram Stories to showcase their listings and increase brand awareness. They created a series of Stories featuring unique and unusual properties, including a treehouse in Bali, a houseboat in London, and a castle in Italy. The campaign resulted in a 30% increase in Instagram followers and a 13-point lift in ad recall.
- Sephora: Sephora used Instagram Stories to launch their new lipstick line, featuring user-generated content from beauty influencers and customers. They also included a “Shop Now” call-to-action button that directed users to the product page. The campaign resulted in a 7-point lift in ad recall and a 20% increase in purchase intent.
- Nike: Nike used Instagram Stories to promote their new React shoe line, featuring behind-the-scenes footage of athletes and influencers testing the shoes. They also included a “Swipe Up” call-to-action that directed users to the Nike website. The campaign resulted in a 6-point lift in ad recall and a 4% increase in brand favorability.
- ASOS: ASOS used Instagram Stories to showcase their clothing line and drive sales. They created a series of Stories featuring different outfits and included a “Shop Now” call-to-action button that directed users to the product page. The campaign resulted in a 14-point lift in ad recall and a 25% increase in click-through rates.
- Dunkin’ Donuts: Dunkin’ Donuts used Instagram Stories to promote their summer menu and drive foot traffic to their stores. They created a series of Stories featuring their new drinks and snacks and included a location tag that directed users to the nearest Dunkin’ Donuts store. The campaign resulted in a 10% increase in foot traffic to stores and a 20% increase in sales of summer menu items.
FAQs about Instagram Stories
Are Instagram Stories good for marketing?
Answer: Absolutely! Instagram Stories are a great way to engage with your audience, showcase products or services, and boost brand awareness. With features like polls, questions and quizzes, businesses can get instant feedback from their followers and deepen customer engagement. Additionally, Instagram’s story ads allow for sponsored content that can reach a wider audience. So if you’re looking to up your social media game, incorporating Instagram Stories into your marketing strategy is definitely worth considering.
How do I advertise on Instagram Stories?
Answer: To advertise on Instagram Stories, you’ll first need to create a Facebook Ads Manager account and link your Instagram business account to it. From there, you can create an ad campaign with a specific objective (such as driving traffic to your website or increasing brand awareness) and design your ad using various creative elements. You can then select “Instagram Stories” as a placement option for your ad, set your budget and targeting parameters, and launch the campaign. Just be sure to follow Instagram’s advertising policies and guidelines for best results.
How much does Instagram story ad cost?
Answer: The cost of an Instagram story ad varies depending on factors such as the targeting options, placement, and duration of the ad. However, on average, you can expect to pay around $0.20 to $2 per click or engagement for a single story ad. It’s important to note that these are just estimates and actual costs may vary.
Can you sell on Instagram Stories?
Answer: Yes, businesses and sellers can sell products through Instagram stories. Instagram has also recently introduced a feature called “Instagram Checkout” which allows users to make purchases directly from the app without even leaving the story or post they are viewing. It is a great tool for small businesses and entrepreneurs looking to reach more customers and increase sales.
0 responses on "Instagram Stories Marketing"