HARO, or Help a Reporter Out, is a free service that connects journalists and bloggers with sources who can provide expert commentary and insights for their stories. HARO is a great way to build backlinks to your website, as journalists often include links to their sources in their articles.
HARO (Help A Reporter Out) is a platform where journalists and sources meet. It’s an effective tool for building high-quality backlinks and press mentions, which are vital for SEO performance. HARO link building is especially effective for landing pages, and these links are a key factor in Google’s ranking algorithm
To get backlinks with HARO, you need to create an account and sign up as a source. Once you’ve done that, you’ll start receiving three emails per day with HARO queries. These queries are from journalists and bloggers who are looking for sources for their stories.
When you see a query that you’re knowledgeable about, you can pitch the journalist your expertise. If the journalist likes your pitch, they may include you in their article and link to your website.
Step-by-Step Guide to HARO Link Building
Step 1: Create Your HARO Account
The first step is to create your account on the HARO website. You can choose to sign up as a source, which allows you to respond to journalists’ queries.
Step 2: Seek Relevant HARO Queries
After signing up, you will start receiving emails from HARO three times a day with a list of queries from journalists. Skim through these emails to find queries relevant to your expertise or business.
Step 3: Craft Your Pitch
Once you’ve found a relevant query, it’s time to craft your pitch. This is your chance to showcase your expertise and provide valuable information. Make sure to answer the journalist’s questions directly, keep your pitch concise, and add a bio with your credentials.
Step 4: Send Your Pitch
After crafting your pitch, send it to the journalist by replying to the HARO query email. Remember to stick to the deadline provided in the query.
Tips for getting backlinks with HARO:
- Respond to queries quickly. Journalists are often on tight deadlines, so it’s important to respond to their queries as soon as possible. Aim to respond within 30 minutes of receiving a query.
- Write high-quality pitches. Your pitch should be clear, concise, and informative. Be sure to explain why you’re an expert on the topic and what you can offer the journalist.
- Be specific. Don’t just tell the journalist that you’re an expert on a topic. Give them specific examples of your expertise and how you can help them with their story.
- Be helpful. The goal of HARO is to help journalists and bloggers write better stories. When you pitch a query, focus on what you can offer the journalist, not what you can get out of it.
- Choose Quality Over Quantity – Instead of responding to as many queries as possible, focus on those that you can provide the most value to. A well-thought-out, high-quality response is more likely to get picked.
- Build A Relationship With Journalists – Try to build a rapport with journalists. This could lead to more opportunities in the future.
If you follow these tips, you’ll be well on your way to getting backlinks with HARO. Here are some additional tips that may help you increase your success:
- Choose your queries wisely. Don’t respond to every query that comes across your desk. Focus on queries that are relevant to your expertise and that you can provide valuable insights for.
- Personalize your pitches. Don’t send out generic pitches to every journalist. Take the time to personalize each pitch by addressing the journalist by name and mentioning something specific about their story.
- Follow up. If you don’t hear back from a journalist after a week, send them a polite follow-up email.
- Track your results. Keep track of which queries you respond to and whether or not you get a backlink. This will help you identify what’s working and what’s not.
HARO is a great way to build backlinks to your website and improve your SEO. By following the tips above, you can increase your chances of getting backlinks from high-quality websites.
HARO is a valuable tool for building high-quality backlinks and boosting SEO performance. By creating an account, responding quickly and effectively to relevant queries, and building relationships with journalists, you can maximize the benefits of HARO link building.