Word of mouth marketing is one of the oldest and most effective forms of marketing. It is a form of marketing that relies on personal recommendations from friends and family.
As a small business owner, you can’t afford to waste any time or money on marketing strategies that don’t work. That’s why word-of-mouth marketing (WOMM) is such a valuable tool. WOMM is one of the most effective and affordable ways to spread the word about your business.
What is WOM Marketing or WOMM
In its simplest form, word of mouth marketing (WOM marketing) is when someone recommends your product or service to a friend or family member. This could be in person, over the phone, or even online.
Why WOM Marketing is effective
But why is WOM marketing so effective? And how can you make sure that your customers are actually doing it? Part of the reason WOM marketing is so powerful is because it comes from a trusted source. People are more likely to listen to someone they know and trust than they are to a stranger.
And when that person makes a personal recommendation, it carries a lot of weight. Furthermore, WOM marketing is more credible than other forms of advertising because it’s based on personal experience. When done right, WOM marketing can be an extremely effective way to grow your business.
How to do WOMM Effectively?
But how do you make sure that your customers are actually recommending your product or service?
The best way to do this is by providing an exceptional customer experience. If your customers are happy with your product or service, they’re much more likely to tell their friends about it.
You can also encourage WOM marketing by offering incentives, such as discounts or coupons, for customers who refer new business to you. By taking advantage of the power of word of mouth marketing, you can quickly and easily grow your business.
Here are some tips on how to use WOMM to boost your business.
- Make sure you have a great product or service. This may seem like a no-brainer, but it’s important to remember that WOMM only works if you have a quality product or service that people want to talk about.
- Focus on customer service. In addition to having a great product or service, you need to provide excellent customer service. This will encourage customers to talk about their positive experiences with your business to their friends and family.
- Get involved in your community. One of the best ways to spread the word about your business is by getting involved in your community. This can be done by sponsoring local events, donating to local charities, or participating in local business networking groups.
- Use social media. Social media is a great platform for promoting word-of-mouth marketing because it allows you to reach a large number of people with very little effort. Make sure you have an active presence on popular social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Try using social media influencers to promote your product or service. This can be a great way to reach a larger audience and generate more word-of-mouth buzz.
- Provide incentives for referrals. Many businesses offer referral programs as an incentive for customers to promote their products or services to their friends and family members. You could offer discounts, freebies, or other perks for customers who refer new business your way.
- Use customer testimonials and reviews to show potential customers that others have had success with your product or service.
- Encourage online reviews.” Online reviews are modern day word-of-mouth testimonials that can help boost your business significantly.” says Rand Fishkin – Moz cofounder . He continues “In fact, BrightLocal’s 2014 Consumers Review Survey found that 84% of people trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.” If you haven’t been encouraging customers to leave reviews about their experience with your business online, now is the time to start! This could be in the form of Google My Business reviews, Yelp reviews, or even Facebook recommendations. Just make sure you are regularly monitoring these platforms so that you can respond quickly and appropriately to any negative feedback.”
- Responding Publicly and positively goes a long way” If someone has taken the time publicly review your product – they generally want help – not just a form response.” says Gabriel Weinberg – Founder & CEO of DuckDuckGo.
He suggests taking the conversation offline as soon as possible if its negative – apologizing profusely if necessary and addressing the problem head on will show future potential customers that complaints are take seriously by management which engenders trust.. Gabe also suggest leveraging positive public reviews by sharing them on social media platforms and replying with something along lines of ‘thanks!. We’re glad you enjoyed it!”
- Host events or meetups where potential customers can learn more about your business. This is a great way to build relationships and get people talking about your brand.
Word-of-mouth marketing is one of the most effective and affordable ways to promote your small business—but only if it’s done correctly. Make sure you have a great product or service, focus on customer service, get involved in your community, use social media, provide incentives for referrals, and encourage online reviews .By following these tips, you can use WOMM to boost your business and increase brand awareness without breaking the bank!
Thanks for reading! We hope this blog post has given you some helpful tips on how to use WOM marketing to grow your business. WOM marketing is a powerful tool that, when used correctly, can help you reach your target audience and achieve success. So don’t be afraid to give it a try!