• New media is a term that describes the digital and interactive technologies used to create and consume content.
• It includes websites, social media, apps, video games, virtual reality, augmented reality and more.
• New media is distinct from traditional media such as radio, television, magazines and newspapers which are typically one-way communication.
• New media is interactive, allowing users to interact with the content and each other in real-time.
• New media has the potential to engage and connect people all over the world, enabling collaboration and the sharing of ideas.
Different Types of New Media
- Social Media: This type of new media consists of websites and applications that enable users to create and share content, such as text posts, images, video clips, and links. Examples of social media platforms include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat.
- Mobile Media: This type of new media refers to content created specifically for mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets. Examples of mobile media include apps, games, streaming video, and podcasts.
- Video Media: This type of new media includes any type of content that is delivered via video, such as movie trailers, music videos, and web series. Examples of video media platforms include YouTube, Vimeo, and Twitch.
- Digital Media: This type of new media includes any type of content that is created, stored, and shared digitally. Examples of digital media include images, audio recordings, and documents.
- Augmented Reality: This type of new media uses computer technology to create a virtual environment that overlays a real-world environment. Examples of augmented reality include Pokémon Go, IKEA Place, and Google Maps.
- Virtual Reality: This type of new media creates a simulated environment that can be experienced through headsets and controllers. Examples of virtual reality include gaming, educational tools, and 3D movies.
Related reading : What is POEM model?
New media have changed the way we communicate and access information in many ways. From social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter to photo-sharing apps like Instagram, new media is constantly being updated with more interactive and innovative methods of communication.
Other forms of new media include blogs, online streaming platforms, virtual reality devices, audio networks, and online gaming websites.
New media has allowed us to connect with friends on opposite sides of the globe in real time or to attend a concert from the comfort of our home. It has revolutionized commerce, entertainment, education, and news by bringing different people together on a much larger scale than ever before. With limitless possibilities for expressing ourselves through technology that are only growing each day, it’s no surprise that new media is rapidly transforming our lives in exciting ways.
0 responses on "What are the different types of new media?"