Best Career Related Courses in India: India has 700 plus universities and over 35,000 colleges to offer countless professional courses in every sector. Over 20 million students enroll in these educational institutes every year to start their careers. As much as these numbers are concerned, it’s pretty confusing for any individual to find a suitable profession. As soon as the higher secondary exams are over, the struggle to find a perfect career begins. However, time is drastically changing, and to catch up with the professional world, you have to make sure you are ahead of this game.
In this day and age, the only graduation isn’t considered as special. To rise above the average crowd in the professional ladder, you will need some help in selecting the right career. There are various management, certification, diploma, and degree courses to juice your career choices. You can even get higher education with degrees like M.Phil, Ph.D., and so on. Apart from these courses, you will also come across many short-term diploma courses, or online certification.
7 Most preferred career options in India
When it comes to selecting a career, you can see these choices at the top of the list. The listed data are found in the recent survey done on the career option awareness. You will be surprised that 93 % of the student population was only aware of the seven career choices very commonly selected by a majority of fresher. This lack of awareness is due to their enthusiasm for finding and researching. Would you like to know what those courses are, here
- Engineering- 23.53%
- Accounts & Finance- 11.81%
- Computer Application- 9.56%
- Law- 4.38%
- Designing- 6.06%
This percentage speaks and the facts are clear that with time, taking up graduation is just seem like basic education. The standard of the education system is changing and improving every year. To bring the point home, here you will get to learn some very informative details about selecting the right career with the help of this list. We listed down 15 most recommended career choices that include the mainstream and underrated career options in India. These professional courses will help you in moving ahead in your career with the right foot.
Best Career Related Courses in India
MBA (Master of Business Administration) or PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management)
MBA ranks at the top of the career market list. It’s still among most preferred career related courses in India. It’s most preferred by professionals looking to make a promising career for themselves. Master in Business Administration has always been one of the top-notch career options and more than 40% of the fresh graduates prefer to go for an MBA. There are specializations like Finance, Marketing, Human resources, and so on. Countless students after graduation prefer a Diploma in Management to strengthen their chance for job placement.
The education curriculum of PGDM is always up-to-date. The plus point about choosing this career option is that job placement is far better. Especially, with reputed institutes, you will be placed in an internship, and then in full-time jobs with a hotshot in the management industry. One solid reason why students prefer PGDM and why you should consider this course is because some of the institute records immediate placement of not less than 7% of the PGDM students annually.
Top PGDM / MBA Institutes in India
- Indian Institute of Management , Ahmedabad.
- Indian Institute of Management , Bangalore.
- Indian Institute of Management , Calcutta.
- Indian Institute of Management , Lucknow.
- Indian Institute of Management , Indore.
- Indian Institute of Management , Kozhikode.
- Indian Institute of Management, Raipur.
- XLRI-Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur
- MDI, Gurgaon
- FMS, New Delhi
- ISB, Hyderabad
- SPJIMR, Mumbai
The above mentioned courses are related to management and to be honest, management courses are the hot cake in the market since forever. However, as the career industry is drastically changing, people are more interested in technical careers as well, which brings my attention to M.Tech professionals. M. Tech is one of the preferred career related courses in India by students. This course is good for students who completed their B.Tech, or B.E, they can go ahead and take up this course for two years and specialize in their core subject. That will strengthen their career choices.
Top M.Tech Institutes in India
- IIT Bombay – Indian Institute of Technology
- IIT Madras – Indian Institute of Technology
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Delhi
- Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi
- National Institute Of Technology, Surathkal.
- College Of Engineering, Pune
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE)
Specialization Human Resource
It is one of the growing sectors and has always been in demand. The course duration depends on what kind of specialization you have taken, you will be able to find certification and diploma courses for this stream and here are some of the well-known institute offering a reliable specialization courses over the same. HR is becoming one of the preferred career related courses in India though majorly preferred by female students, male students are also choosing this as a good career option.
Top HR Institutes in India
- JIMS Rohini – Jagan Institute of Management Studies
- Parul University
- Chandigarh University (CU)
- XLRI, Jamshedpur. …
- TISS, Mumbai. …
- MDI, Gurgaon. …
- IIM Ranchi. …
- SCMHRD, Pune. …
- XaHR, Bhubaneswar. …
- NMIMS, Mumbai. …
- Department of Humanities & Social Sciences, IIT Kharagpur.
This is one of the prestigious career related courses in India. The Medical education is taken care by the Medical Council in India. There are top medical colleges that provide graduation and post-graduation degrees. You can enroll in courses like MBBA, MD, BDS, MDS, and many others. There are top colleges under central and
Top Medical Institutes in India
- AIIMS Delhi – All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- St. John’S Medical College
- JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute Of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research)
- Faculty Of Medical Sciences (King George’s Medical University)
- Institute Of Medical Sciences Varanasi
- Bangalore Medical College & Research Institute
PGD in Hotel Management
If you love to play around with spices, then you must select a career in Hotel Management as this is one of the booming sectors in the industry. This sector offer a great career to students from any background. All you need is talent, and deep determination , the course begin with cutlery training, and moves towards management and hospitality courses. This is among good career related courses in India. The best part about Hotel Management with reputed institutes is that it offers international internship programs, and placement opportunities.
Top PGDHM Institutes in India
- IHM Mumbai – Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology & Applied Nutrition
- IHM Bangalore – Institute of Hotel Management
- WGSHA Manipal
- IHM Delhi
Business Accounting and Taxation
This career option is for people who are from a commerce background, If you want to be an expert in taxation and accounting, then you are right where you belong. This is among great career related courses in India for commerce students. The section talks about people looking for best short-term and long-term courses after their graduation in commerce. The courses can extend from 90 days up to two years depending on which institute offers what kind of modules.
Top Business & Accounting Institutes in India
- IIT Kharagpur – Indian Institute of Technology
- Jamia Millia Islamia – JMI
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Ramapuram
- St.Xavier’s College, Kolkata.
- Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi.
- Loyola College, Chennai.
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Delhi.
- Christ College, Bangalore.
- Hansraj College, Delhi.
- Symbiosis Society’s College, Pune.
- KPB Hinduja College, Mumbai.
Certification in Finance and Accounts
The certification course is a short-term courses that extends for not more than 4 weeks. The course is particularly designed for the students who wants to pursue their career after B.com. You will learn about different business processes, financial strategies, and other finance related modules. There will be enough chances for you to learn and practice your financial skills and market it for greater efficiency.
Top Finance & Accounts Institutes in India
- IIT Madras – Indian Institute of Technology
- IIM Calcutta – Indian Institute of Management
- LPU – Lovely Professional University
This professional is for the dreamers, people who deny to settle for less. It is considered as one of the most exciting career opportunities in the industry, and glamorous. Provided with, you have a hang to the changing fashion trends and the creativity to mold it according to your taste. The career choice opens a rich and promising career opportunity for the individual. This is no doubt among good career related courses in India.
Top Fashion Designing Institutes in India
- NIFT Delhi – National Institute of Fashion Technology
- NIFT Mumbai – National Institute of Fashion Technology
- NIFT Bangalore – National Institute of Fashion Technology
For individual looking to cozy up in their professions are going to love this course. This course is structured and designed for small-scale businesses. The course supports commerce students and opens a lot of new windows for a promising career. The modules include billing, accounting, banking, taxation, payroll, etc. The minimum this course takes is 3 months and can extend up to 6 months at the maximum.
Top Tally Institutes in India
- NIELIT Delhi – National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology
- NIELIT Chandigarh – National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology
- Srihari Global IISD Foundation
- Mother Institute of Electronic Technology (MIET Ahmedabad)
- Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University.
- Ramanujan College.
- Laqshya Institute of Skills Training, Andheri (W)
- National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology, Delhi.
- The Institute of Computer Accountants, Borivali.
Diploma or Management in Digital Marketing
This industry is for people who dare to dream big. The digital marketing industry is ever growing. From last 10 years, this industry have expanded at the speed of light. This is now one of the best career related courses in India. There are new streams in this sector that are a separate career choice on its own. To begin with the very least, let’s name a few of the streams you can select, like, SEO, SMO, SMM, Social Media Marketing, Youtube Marketing, Facebook Marketing, etc.
Now that we are more inclined towards the online world, there are more and more career opportunities to refine that experience and bring the best of the virtual table. In this digital era, most of the industry has a digital marketing portion attached to it’s name and the career is in great demand.
Top Digital Marketing Institutes in India
- IIM Calcutta – Indian Institute of Management
- Digital Vidya
- Seven Boats Academy
- Learning Catalyst
- NIIT Digital Marketing
- Manipal Global Education Service
- Pearl Academy, Rajouri Garden
- IISWBM – Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management
Mobile App Development
App development is among latest trending career related courses in India. Now that the whole world can be experienced with the help of a smartphone, the growing need to refine that experience also comes into the picture. We are using various apps and with the demand for Android, and iOS applications, the stream for Mobile App Development came along.
There are countless apps and the demand is never ending because after having apps for practically anything, the world wants more. People with creative mind and a belief of doing something in their life will do best in this career.
Top Mobile App Development Institutes in India
- CDAC – Centre for Development of Advanced Computing
- NIELIT Delhi – National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology
As the world is drastically changing and with the advancement of cloud storage and Artificial Intelligence, the career for machine learning appeared, this course focuses on digital set-up. There is a touch of AI in every step we take, you will find autonomous cars using AI, so this sector in the future is going to make big.
Top Machine Learning Institutes in India
- SCDL Pune – Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning
- Institute of Distance and Open Learning – University of Mumbai
Hospitality & Travel
Hospitality sector is a growing segment and you will have countless streams and job opportunities to select from. All the big shots merge in this sector and before you know it, you can land up with a promising career opportunity. Provided with, the institutes you select to take up the courses, it takes a reputed foundation to help you find a suitable job. A reputed institute have tie ups with circle of hotels for internship. So getting in touch with these top institutes in India may deliver you a promising career in this field.
Top Hospitality & Travel Institutes in India
- Thomas Cook Centre of Learning, Mumbai
- National Institute of Learning and Academics (NILA)
- Hindusthan College of Arts and Science – HICAS Coimbatore.
- Adamas University.
- IHM Bangalore – Institute of Hotel Management.
- Institute of Management Studies, BHU.
- ITM Institute of Hotel Management
- IIHM Kolkata – Indian Institute of Hotel Management.
Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Management
When it comes to improving the fundamentals of computer knowledge for an individual, this short-term course can be of great use. It also enhances the coding knowledge for an individual as all the topics are linked with elementary programming and C language. The short-term course can be your ticket to promising career in tech industry, the duration of the course are most 1 year depending on the modules.
Top PGDCM Institutes in India
- School of Management, MIT WPU
- Sri Krishna Arts and Science College
- Neville Wadia Institute of Management Studies and Research – [NWIMSR] …
- Institute of Business Management and Research -[IBMR] …
- Indian Institute of Cost and Management Studies and Research -[IndSearch]
- Naralkar Institute of Career Development & Research
Honorable Mentions of more career oriented courses in India
After reading about some of these promising career options, here are some honorable mentions to give you more variety. You must have not seen the estimated salary, that’s because with time the demand and salary packages keeps changing. But let’s say that all the career options mentioned from the top have a very promising salary packages.
- Career in aviation
- Post Graduate Diploma in Software Engineering
- PGDM in International Business
- PGDM or Advanced Diploma in Digital Marketing
- M.Com / CA / CS / Law
- Merchant Navy Jobs
- Aviation courses
- Animation & Multimedia courses
- Interior Design Courses
- Acting courses
- Game Development Courses
- Multimedia & Animation Courses
- Data Science Courses
- AI, AR, VR courses
- Robotics Courses
- Micro Biology / Bio Technology Courses
- Diet & Nutrition Courses
- Central or State Govt. Administrative Jobs
It’s always better to have choices, and now you will be able to decide on the basis of your favorite subject, sector, or institute. There are certainly enough options to help you select the very best, and of courses there are people who would be entrepreneurs, business magnets , inventors, scientists, and what not. In order to build a rewarding career with time, you have to be open to possibilities, because sometimes, things don’t work as you plan and you land up where you belong instead of where you want to be.
Happy career hunting!
Founder & CEO at Seven Boats, Google Certified Digital Marketer & Trainer, LinkedIn Certified WordPress Expert, Brand Strategist, Consultant & Entrepreneur. B.Tech in CSE & PGDM in Marketing, Debajyoti has 16+ years of domain expertise in Digital Marketing. Felicitated & invited by 15+ top B Schools, Universities, Management Institutes & Corporate houses in India including IIM, IIT & more. Associated as visiting professor of digital marketing in 3+ premier B schools in Kolkata. Public speaking in 15+ popular events. 20+ awards & featured in premier national magazines & papers. He has trained more than 29,000 students globally through online program, classroom training, workshops & online round-tables. His teaching methodology is highly appreciated by students, peers, corporate, Sr. academicians & veteran entrepreneurs. If you want a 1:1 discussion with Debajyoti, click the link below. RESERVE YOUR CONFIDENTIAL CONSULTATION WITH DEBAJYOTI →
Website : https://www.7boats.com/
- Top 15 career-related courses for freshers, undergraduate & graduate students in IndiaBlog
- 30 Questions about Digital Marketing for aspiring studentsBlog
- Instagram Unleashes Several Changes – Threads, Shared, Direct Messaging on Desktop & moreBlog
- Pinterest Unleashes More Powerful AI for Online ShoppingBlog
- Facebook shrinks Facebook Ad Space for Image & Text on Mobile News FeedBlog
- Google Sheets CourseCourses
- DPRMCM CourseCourses,Digital Marketing
- Content Writing Training CourseContent,Courses
- Earn Money OnlineAffiliate Marketing,Courses
- Pro Blogging CourseCourses,Digital Marketing
- Start Digital Marketing BusinessCourses,Digital Marketing
- Free SEO CourseCourses,Free
- Free Demo ClassCourses,Free
- Content Marketing CourseContent,Courses,Social Media Marketing
- Complete SEO Training CourseCourses,SEO
- Online Digital Marketing CourseCourses,Digital Marketing
- Website Development CourseCourses,Wordpress
- SEO Fundamentals CourseCourses,SEO
- Digital Marketing Fundamentals CourseCourses,Digital Marketing
- Advanced SEO CourseCourses,SEO
- Link Building CourseCourses,SEO
- Google Adwords CourseAdwords,Courses
- Social Media Marketing CourseCourses,Social Media Marketing
- Email Marketing CourseCourses,Email Marketing
- Google Webmaster Tool & Search Console CourseAnalytics,Courses
- Mobile Marketing & App Store Optimization (ASO) CourseCourses,Mobile Marketing
- Google Analytics Training CourseAnalytics,Courses
- Affiliate & SMS Marketing CourseAffiliate Marketing,Courses