Best Career Courses for housewives to earn money: Indian women, especially housewives or stay-at-home moms, have always been talented multi-taskers. They start early, and manage a complex organization (psst: there home) with multiple shareholders. These women work every day, with no annual leaves or pay.
The condition is worse in urban areas if one believes the data presented by the National Sample Survey Organization (NSSO). According to their report, close to 64% of urban Indian women are more engaged in domestic compared to rural areas. The report further states that women in urban areas end up engaging in domestic chores out of personal reasons.
There are several reasons why women feel they have to take over domestic work, like:
- No support from family or spouse
- Relocating due to marriage
- Career break after maternity
In these situations, most women prefer to quitting their jobs to look after their families. However, there is a catch. According to the same report, 28% and 34% of the women in urban and rural areas respectively were willing to women have shown interest in joining the workforce provided they were allowed to working from home.
Best Career Options For Housewives To Earn Money
There are many career courses available for housewives who want to earn money online from home.
- One option is to become a virtual assistant. Virtual assistants provide administrative, technical, or creative support to clients remotely. They can help with tasks such as scheduling appointments, managing social media accounts, or providing customer service.
- Another option is to start a blog or vlog and monetize it through advertising, affiliate marketing, or selling products and services.
- Housewives can also offer their skills and services on freelancing platforms such as Fiverr or Upwork.
- And finally, many stay-at-home moms are finding success by running their own businesses from home.
With a little creativity and perseverance, any housewife can find a way to earn money online from home.
Top 20 ways to earn money online working from home
There are a number of ways to earn money online working from home.
- One option is to start a blog and generate income through advertising or affiliate marketing.
- Another option is to launch an online store and sell products or services.
- Finally, you could also provide consulting services or offer advice through an online forum.
Whatever route you decide to take, it is important to consider your target audience and what type of service or product they would be interested in. Once you have a solid plan in place, you can begin promoting your business online and start earning an income from the comfort of your own home. With a little effort and perseverance, you can quickly achieve success and begin generating a healthy return on your investment.
Here are a few of the career-oriented courses for housewives who can have a professional domain from their home. With these skill based courses, married woman or married ladies who are homemaker, can earn money. Let’s check a few options:
1. Digital Marketing
Often considered as one of the most suitable courses for housewives, digital marketing is a booming business. It’s one of the best available career options for housewives & stay-at-home moms. The industry is expected boom in recent years, and joining this platform as a career option could be a wise decision for many professionals.
In simpler terms, digital marketing can be considered as the promotion and branding of brands and services through digital mediums on the internet. Usually, the professionals under this domain use tools like SEO, social media marketing, affiliate marketing, etc. to make an impact.
Many reputed institutions offer dedicated digital marketing courses (both online and offline), which can help the women in launching their careers in the field.
Enroll in Free SEO Certification Course & Premium Online Advanced Digital Marketing Course (Self Paced)
2. Graphic designing
Graphic design Course is one of the most creative and interesting courses. Women with a passion for designing and a creative aptitude can have a great future in this direction. In these jobs, the professional has to take the help of technology to create attractive brochure designs, magazine layouts, posters, advertisements, presentations, and so on.
In this field, the professional gets a chance to work with the latest software, as well as learn about art history and the most advanced printing technique. Usually, the freshers are offered Rs. 12,000 but with an experience they witness a steep rise in their career.
3. Social Media Manager
Since social media is the new buzzword for the business and marketing, almost every brand is joining these platforms to connect with their consumers without paying a heavy fee to television, or modes of traditional media. Most of the industries are hiring a manager to maintain and run their or their brand’s respective profile. Although, a relatively new job profile, there is a lot of scope for people willing to work from home as well as the pay is very good. According to Glassdoor, on average the starting salary of a social media manager would range around Rs. 12,000 to Rs. 18,000.
Professionals who come with decent command and following over social media can directly reach out to brands and agencies for collaboration or management assistance.
4. Translators and interpreter
There has always been a huge demand for decent translators and interpreters is always high in the market. With globalization and industrialization, the organization is collaborating with numerous agencies worldwide. This means women with a foreign language degree, or translator certificate can find lucrative career options.
Since the foreign language courses are short-termed, women taking a career break or willing to learn a new skill can enroll in these subjects. In these courses, students are taught the crucial aspects of reading, writing, listening, and speaking a foreign language, as well as students, get an insight into the structure of the given language.
With a foreign language certification, the aspirants can get a job as a tour manager, marketing executive, interpreter, and so on.
5. Medical Transcriptionist
Although most medical transcriptionists work for hospitals or doctors, the job hours are flexible and most of them can work from home. The job description involves transcribing recorded dictations, these professionals only require a handful of equipment. To become a transcriptionist, the candidate has to complete a short (3 to 6 months) certification course. A fresher in this field can earn up to 20,000 INR on an average per month.
6. Freelance Writer
The demand for writers is always high in the world. These professionals are required to formulate content – both news and entertainment – for the general masses. And with the rise of the internet, numerous brands are hiring writers to create and write their content for their respective blogs and other related web content. In some cases, they hire freelancing writers to meet the demand for content.
While writing for the web, creativity and out-of-box perspective is always respected in the industry. Apart from that, dedication and hard work are always appreciated. Usually, writers are offered around 10,000 INR as a starting salary. Content writing course can be a god option to join & learn.
YouTube is a big branding and promotional platform, where video content creators can share insight on a particular topic. And since creating a YouTube account is free, anyone can join it. In short, women who are looking for reliable options to launch their careers can always take this path. There are numerous video creators developing quality content on a vast number of topics including childcare, cooking, coding, music and so on. To start a YouTube career, one needs a good camera and some editing skills.
Just like any job, being a blogger demands dedication and creativity. In most cases, a blog might take almost a year to establish itself, so it requires patience. Being said that, writers/bloggers who can create a band of dedicated readers for themselves can monetize their blog. Things like sponsored posts, affiliate advertising, and Google AdSense can generate a decent income for the blogger. Pro Blogging course is good to join & learn.
9. Web designing
A website is probably the first thing a person searches for while researching for a particular brand or company. While going with the trend, almost every industry is launching or updating its website for consumers. And, who creates or updates these websites? It is done by the website designers. These professionals, design, code, and create websites with the help of technology and creative skills to fit customer needs. As per Glassdoor, new web designers can receive up to Rs.15,000 to Rs. 20,000 as initial salary.
Women interested in learning web designing can enroll in academies teaching short- or long-term professional courses on the topic.
10. Child Psychology Course
It is a highly recommended course for women who wants to join the childcare sector. Most of the child care courses assist the professionals in developing the necessary skills required to understand the physical and psychological needs of babies, toddlers, and teens as well as attending to their needs. Plus, these courses also assist the professionals in giving children a safe environment to grow and learn self-sufficiently.
11. Jewelry Designing
The last name on the list is jewelry designing and the job requires working with numerous precious and semi-precious materials including gold, or silver, and diamonds.
Several courses help women in getting into the field and how to work with different materials.
Futuristic career courses
- Marketing automation & AI based application
- Podcast, Reels & Video editing & marketing
- Progressive web app
- AR, VR, MR
- Hyper local SEO
- Dynamic & Interactive content
- Digital storytelling
- NFT & blockchain in digital marketing
- Voice & Mobile search
- Customer experience & customer journey mapping
- Decision engineering with web analytics
- Digital Assets Management
- Digital Data security
Work-From-Home – Are they just a scam or real?
There are several legitimate work-from-home prospective jobs available in the market. However, unfortunately, there exist few organizations that run flimsy scams to dupe the gullible audience. In most cases, these platforms or agencies offer the applicant a confirmed job position at a reputed organization against money.
Ideally, it is recommended to stay clear of the organizations that stay that demand money for a confirmed job in a reputed company. But how will you identify these scams? According to a few institutions, there are few steps to watch out for when interacting for work-at-home jobs. These steps can protect you from scams and other issues:
a. Researching the said company
It is crucial to research the industry and the company that is offering the job position. Check whether the agency has a bad reputation before enrolling into the job.
b. Check the references
Agencies hiring work at home staff might have full-time employees as well. Try to approach these full-time professionals and check how the company is treating them. Bad reviews from these professionals might be a red flag.
Women wanting to join back into the professional’s domain after a career break or looking form some new opportunities can look into these professions.
Inspirational Indian Women Entrepreneurs
There are many inspiring stories of Indian women who started their own businesses from scratch and went on to achieve great success. Here are a few examples:
- Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw of Biocon: Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw is the founder of Biocon, a biotechnology company based in Bangalore, India. She started the company in 1978 with just two employees and a seed capital of Rs. 10,000 ($140). Today, Biocon is one of India’s largest biotechnology companies, with a market value of over $8 billion. Kiran’s success as an entrepreneur has earned her numerous accolades, including being named one of Time magazine’s 100 most influential people in the world.
- Falguni Nayar of Nykaa: Falguni Nayar is the founder of Nykaa, an online beauty retailer based in Mumbai, India. She started the company in 2012, after a successful career as a banker. With her passion for beauty and entrepreneurship, Falguni built Nykaa into a company with over 1,500 employees and a valuation of over $1.2 billion. In 2020, Falguni became the first woman entrepreneur in India to take her company public.
- Radhika Aggarwal of ShopClues: Radhika Aggarwal is the co-founder of ShopClues, an e-commerce platform based in Gurgaon, India. She started the company in 2011 with her husband and a friend, with the goal of creating an online marketplace for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Roshni Mukherjee of Learn o Hub – Roshni Mukherjee is the founder of Learn o Hub, an online learning platform for students in India. She started the platform from her home in Mumbai, where she created videos and study materials for students. With her passion for education and dedication to helping students, Learnohub quickly gained popularity. Today, the platform has over 1 million subscribers and offers courses in science, math, and engineering. Roshni’s success shows that with the right idea and hard work, anyone can start a successful business from home.
- Sairee Chahal of SHEROES – Sairee Chahal is the founder of SHEROES, an online platform for women that provides career advice, mentorship, and job opportunities. She started the platform from her home in Delhi, where she created a community for women to connect and support each other. With her commitment to empowering women and creating a supportive community, SHEROES quickly gained popularity. Today, the platform has over 20 million users and offers a range of services for women, including a job portal, an online marketplace, and a wellness platform. Sairee’s success shows that with the right vision and a commitment to social impact, anyone can start a successful business that empowers women from home.
- Richa Kar: She is the founder of Zivame, an online lingerie store. She started her business in 2011 with just Rs. 30,000 ($408) and now it is worth over $100 million.
- Upasana Taku: She is the co-founder of MobiKwik, a mobile payments company. She started her business in 2009 with her husband and now the company is valued at over $1 billion.
- Suchi Mukherjee: She is the founder of LimeRoad, an online fashion retailer. She started her business in 2012 with just $5 million and now the company is valued at $250 million.
- Shahnaz Husain: She is the founder of Shahnaz Husain Group, a leading herbal cosmetics brand. She started her business in the 1970s with just a small loan from her father and now her products are sold in over 100 countries.
- Vandana Luthra: She is the founder of VLCC, a leading beauty and wellness company. She started her business in 1989 with just one beauty and slimming center and now the company has over 300 centers in 16 countries.
Related reading: How to start as a digital entrepreneur?
These are just a few examples of Indian women entrepreneurs who have started from scratch and achieved great success. They are an inspiration to many and continue to inspire future generations of women entrepreneurs.
Summary: Career courses for Indian women
There are several career courses and options available for Indian housewives, including:
- Freelancing: Freelancing offers flexibility and allows you to work from home. Popular freelancing options include writing, graphic designing, virtual assisting, and social media management.
- Teaching and tutoring: Teaching and tutoring can be done online or in-person. You can teach subjects that you have expertise in, such as cooking, art, music, or languages.
- Event planning and management: Event planning and management can be done from home and involves organizing and coordinating events, such as weddings, parties, and corporate events.
- Digital Marketing & Content creation: Content creation involves writing, creating videos, or designing graphics for websites, blogs, and social media platforms.
- Beauty and wellness: Beauty and wellness are popular fields for Indian housewives. You can start your own beauty salon or offer services like makeup, skincare, or massage therapy.
- Fashion designing and tailoring: If you have a creative side, fashion designing and tailoring can be a great career option. You can start your own boutique or work as a freelance designer.
- Data entry and transcription: Data entry and transcription involve entering data or transcribing audio files into written documents. This work can be done from home and requires basic computer skills.
- Accounting and bookkeeping: If you have a background in finance, accounting, or bookkeeping, you can offer your services to small businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Online selling: Online selling involves selling products on e-commerce platforms like Amazon, Flipkart, or Etsy. You can sell products that you create or source products from wholesalers.
- Stock trading and investments: Stock trading and investments require knowledge of the stock market and financial analysis. You can start with small investments and gradually grow your portfolio.
- Content writing: Many companies hire content writers to create blog posts, articles, and social media content.
- Virtual assisting: Virtual assistants work remotely and provide administrative support to businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Transcription: Transcription involves transcribing audio or video files into written documents.
- Translation: Translation involves translating documents from one language to another. Many Indian women are bilingual and can take advantage of this skill.
- Data entry: Data entry involves entering data into databases or spreadsheets.
- Social media management: Social media managers create and manage social media accounts for businesses.
- Graphic design: Graphic designers create visual content for websites, social media, and marketing materials.
- Blogging: Indian women can start their own blog and monetize it through ads and affiliate marketing.
These are just a few examples of the many opportunities available for Indian homemaker women to earn money from home. With the rise of remote work and the gig economy, there are more opportunities than ever before for Indian women to start their own businesses or work from home.
M interested in child psychology course
Hi Shipi, Thank you for your comment. At Seven Boats we don’t offer child psychology course but you can search Google in your specific location for such institutes and check the reputation and other details. At Seven Boats, we teach industry oriented advanced digital marketing courses. (SEO, Social Media, Online Ads, Google Ads, Facebook Marketing, YouTube Marketing, Google Analytics, Email Marketing, Web Development, Web Design, Excel etc)
Women are increasingly becoming an important contributor to a country’s economic growth; establishing and developing novel products and services. With this in mind, women entrepreneurs have to be equipped with knowledge and hands-on experience in digital marketing awareness especially on the usage of social media.
Thanks Dipin. Agreed.
I am interested in social.media manager course.
You can visit – https://www.7boats.com/academy/ for more details or contact us here – https://www.7boats.com/contact-us/
Thanks Debajyoti Banerjee for wonderful insight .. can u recommend any online platform where i can learn content writing ?
You can take content writing course from Copyblogger.com or you can check out our post on content writing here – https://www.7boats.com/tips-write-magnetic-content/
I am interested in medical transcriptionist and freelance writer .How to join in this?
For freelance writing, you can do any online content writing course and also make a portfolio website or blog of your own and join startup groups on Facebook & LinkedIn and share your portfolio. You can send forced CV to various digital agencies for freelance writing. For content writing course you can check here – https://www.7boats.com/academy/course/content-writing-training-course/
For medical transcription training, try to find out certificate course from trusted institutes in your city.
I want to learn jwellery designing course
Best is to find a trusted local institute in your city and do an offline course. For online jewellery design courses, you can check this https://www.udemy.com/topic/jewelry-design/ or https://www.skillshare.com/browse/jewelry-design
I am interested in medical Transcriptionist and Social Media Manager
Hi, I’m Intetested in content writing
Hi Bhargavi, if you are interested in content writing training, you can contact us here – https://www.7boats.com/academy/contact-us/ (WhatsApp chat link is also there). If you are interested in freelance content writing you can mail us your sample write-ups for review and further discussions. Thank you.
Hi! I am interested in learning medical transcription. Can you kindly guide me where should I enroll myself .
very useful article. you can also read this article…
I am interested in graphic designer course