There is no point in counting the number of websites that are there in the domain of your online business. What you need to do is check how many of them are actually credible. Credibility of a website depends on some basic elements. If you can place a check in all these boxes, then you have a website that will work its way up to the top. If you fail on any of these counts, you need to look at ways on how you can change it. These elements are:
- Backlinks: Your website must have backlinks on reputed, established websites. The credibility of these reputed websites will rub off on your brand. Of course, these websites will place your website’s link on their site only if you attain some basic standing in your domain. This will improve your standing among search engine algorithms as well.
- Relevant Links: Just like your website’s link must be on other reputed websites, you need to place relevant external links on your website as well. They will guide the online visitor to what they want to read and in turn, they will depend upon your website as a credible source of information.
- Flawless Webpages: You will do a world of good to your website if your webpages have error-free writing and excellent web designing. Web development also plays a crucial role here. For example, the website must have pages that upload quickly on the browser and is also sensitive to mobile browsers. Take the new-age devices into consideration while building a website.
- Easy Navigation: Online visitors must have easy access to your website’s internal webpages. Any online visitor will hate to work their way through a maze to hunt out the information that they are looking for. Instead, offer them a website with clear bread-crumbs so that they know where they are and how to move to the next webpage of their interest.
- Heavy Online Traffic: If you follow the directives mentioned above, you are likely to have a much better online traffic coming to your website. That, in itself, improves your website’s credibility. People like to go to places where they find a substantial influx of visitors. Credibility also improves impressively when your website is mentioned on social networking sites (known as social mentions) like Facebook or Twitter.