Google Authorship is exactly what its name suggests: it gives you authority over the content that you publish online. It is the online equivalent of Copyright from the perspective of search engines, especially Google. The question now crops up as to why you should claim authorship of the content that you publish online? There are several advantages of doing so. The top 5 advantages of using Google Authorship are listed here:
- Credibility: With Google Authorship, the online world will recognize you as the author of a particular post. That is significant because there are so many anonymous posts flying around that come up from dubious sources. Once you establish your authorship, online users and search engine algorithms recognize you as the author of the post, lending a degree of credibility to the content.
- Primary Source: Google Authorship establishes you as the author of a particular post and also as the primary source of information about that particular post. In case your content is reported (or worse, duplicated), the Google Authorship will strongly point out to your online identity as the author. So, you can ward off competitors that try to siphon off your post.
- Immediate Ownership: Google Authorship gives you immediate ownership of a particular post that you have published online. This was not the case when Google Page Rank was in use. Then it took some time for a content to be verified against a particular website or blog. Google Authorship kills the delay involved and you are instantly identified as the author of a post.
- Beyond Media Formats: Content heavy with video or graphics are difficult to crawl for the search engine crawlers. On the other hand, only text web pages are easily crawled and indexed. With Google Authorship under your belt, your heavy content containing graphics or videos are as easily crawled as your only-text pages! Google Authorship goes beyond media formats to get you the edge over the others.
- Spamming: Spamming is finally bid farewell with the rise to power of Google Authorship. Verified authorship and credibility offered by Google Authorship automatically push back the spammy web pages down the search engine results. By this process, the search engine result procedure is cleaned up and spam links are permanently done away with.
This is a guest post written by Mike who loves to write for Kia News