Consistency is huge within the social media world. The more consistent you are, the more you will be noticed and the more followers you’ll receive because consistency boosts your authority throughout the many social media platforms. Post often enough for your followers to see your post but don’t post so often that you’re annoying. Your posting times are also important. Post content with your viewers in mind, check out your analytics to see when your followers are engaging with your content the most.
Keep in mind, some users may not see every post in their news feed. In 2010, Facebook released a new algorithm called EdgeRank, which prioritizes posts that are shown to users so that each person is more likely to see something that they would be interested in. It calculates how recent the post is, the action that is being performed within the post (such as a like, comment, or share), and how much interaction it has already gained from other users you frequently interact with. This means users don’t always have to search for posts that is interesting to them (based on their past actions) but it will automatically appear in their news feed.
- Post things your audience will find useful (e.g. if you are a vet do a review of the cities dog parks or review dog food brands).
- Keep things timely. If you are an ecommerce store post shopping ideas for a certain demographic well before Christmas.
- Avoid generic posts such as “Happy Halloween” unless you are a dentist and want to talk about candy and oral hygiene!
- Pictures of your products and/or services in action are great (e.g. if you are a restaurant post a picture of Friday’s special).
- Pose a problem to your readers (e.g. “What would you do if…” or “One of our customers has a question, can you help?”).
- Create posts that engage your followers (polls, contests, and fan-only discounts).
- Use rich content posts (use infographics, helpful videos, and photos with text).
Power Tip: Remember to follow the 70/20/10 rule!
- 70% of your posts should be content for your followers
- 20% should be sharing others’ posts and ideas
- Only 10% should be outright promotion of your business (i.e. Come check us out at the trade show on Monday).
Complete the checklist below to ensure you’re consistent on Facebook which will increase your brand authority and reverse your negative bounce rate trend!
Steps to complete this task
Consistently post. If users see that you have not posted in weeks it will turn them off and decrease your relevancy. Create a posting schedule or calendar. Creating a Facebook schedule and theme for you to follow is the best way to be consistent with posting (For example: Monday Motivation and Expert Tip Tuesday). This is not only easier on your workload when generating content, but it also gets your viewers coming back every week. It also allows you to easily stay consistent with your brand voice or social media theme. Your brand will be easily recognizable in no time!
Experiment with different posting types. Post a variety of photos, videos, articles, and shared posts. Then check out your analytics to see which posts get the most engagement.
Post content with your viewers in mind. The less they want to be at work, the more they will be checking into their Facebook. Most viewers are on Facebook from 1 pm and 3pm and/or 5 pm and 8 pm on weekdays. On Thursdays and Fridays, engagement is 18% higher. In fact, on Fridays, Facebook use spikes by 10%, since people tend to be happier on Fridays. But keep in mind, every business is unique. Experiment with different posting times and study your specific audience, then cater your posting schedule accordingly. Don’t just post to post. You have the potential to reach more consumers and drive higher traffic to your site when you post during peak usage times. Once you find a specific time frame that you get the most traffic, stick to that time frame.
- Engage your followers by experimenting with new posting techniques.
- Don’t lose followers because of your mobile site.
- Make sure all Facebook posts have good call-to-actions to encourage your visitors to complete a specific action.
- Keep your Facebook followers engaged on your website.
- Build your online visibility by consistently posting on Facebook.
- Review your competitor’s Facebook pages.
- Brand your facebook page
- Stay Engaged with your followers on Facebook
- Decide what to post on Facebook
- Decide when to post on facebook
- Advertise on Facebook
Want to learn digital marketing? Seven Boats Academy offers online digital marketing training, classroom digital marketing course in Kolkata & digital marketing workshops for students, professionals & entrepreneurs/organizations.