Twitter is not a huge driver of traffic to websites. Even among news publishers that actively Tweet it only accounted for approximately 1.5% of overall traffic last year. That said Twitter is free and when it is used correctly it can drive a significant amount of traffic to a website. While the vast majority of small to medium websites see almost no traffic from Twitter (i.e. in June 2019 their traffic from twitter was 4.4%), the websites that do the best on Twitter get over 4.4% of their total traffic from Twitter. Let’s make sure you are doing what it takes to be in the latter group!
Some of the ways you can improve your Twitter presence is:
- Use relevant and often search hashtags to increase your Twitter reach
- Follow reputable brands related to your businesses industry
- Post on Twitter 2-3 times every day to help increase your Twitter audience
Not only is Twitter a great social networking tool, but also it’s a really powerful information network. When someone wants information on a business’s products or services, they sometimes turn to Twitter. Each user’s Twitter feed is updated live, so you will want to continue to Tweet often to ensure your audience and customers are engaged and can find you on this social media platform.
5 tasks to complete
- Setup a Twitter account for your business.
- Follow trends, lists, and people in your industry to get more Twitter followers.
- Get started tweeting.
- Engage your followers on Twitter.
- Advertise on Twitter.