The reason behind less facebook traffic could be caused by accidentally overlooked web design issues, or slow loading speed on your website. It could be possible that there is a widget or plug-in that you added a few months ago that could be slowing down your site. Remember, Facebook visitors mainly use smartphones, check your mobile website’s speed with Google’s Mobile Friendly Test. Another reason your Facebook visitors have been steadily decreasing could be not enough attention grabbing posts. Remember In order to get more visits from Facebook you need to catch your Facebook followers attention. Here are a few tips on how to get your posts to stand out.
- Post online offers or coupons to get your Facebook followers to visit your website.
- Have competitions or games where your followers can win prizes.
- Ask your Facebook followers questions. Don’t forget to reply to their comments.
- Post videos. Videos also help build your brand’s personality.
Make sure you are posting often. Some specific times to post are between 1pm and 3 pm and/or 5 pm and 8 pm on weekdays to get the most “shares” and “likes”. Facebook engagement is the highest on Thursdays and Fridays. If you skip a few weeks of posting it can affect your website’s Facebook visitors.
What Are Facebook Visits?
Facebook visits are the number of people from Facebook that visited your website over a specified time period.
Why is This Important?
Facebook is a great social media source where you can target a specific audience and demographic to your website. Facebook can help lower your marketing costs and bring you more traffic. As of May 2017 there are 1.94 billion Facebook users which is an 18% increase this last year. There are 1.57 billion, daily, active users. That said, more than 50 million businesses now have a Facebook page and we want to make sure your website is doing all the right things to get your share of this massive traffic source.
11 tasks to complete
- Engage your followers by experimenting with new posting techniques.
- Don’t lose followers because of your mobile site.
- Make sure all Facebook posts have good call-to-actions to encourage your visitors to complete a specific action.
- Keep your Facebook followers engaged on your website.
- Build your online visibility by consistently posting on Facebook.
- Review your competitor’s Facebook pages.
- Brand your facebook page
- Stay Engaged with your followers on Facebook
- Decide what to post on Facebook
- Decide when to post on facebook
- Advertise on Facebook
Learn digital marketing. Seven Boats Academy offers online digital marketing class, digital marketing training in Kolkata & digital marketing workshop for students, professionals & entrepreneurs/organizations.