Make sure all Facebook posts have good call-to-actions to encourage your visitors to complete a specific action.
Yes, you need a great Call-to-Action (CTA) in your Facebook post, but you should also have one in your linked page too. Once your followers get to your linked page, give them a reason to keep exploring. Adding related articles, at the bottom of your page, can keep your Facebook visitors engaged. When sharing articles that belong to others, make sure you aren’t breaking any copyright laws. It’s okay to post their link on your website but not their full article (unless you have clear permission). Here are some tips on adding other articles to your website.
- Give credit! Don’t forget to show where the article came from and who wrote it.
- Highlight the main points. In your own words, highlight points from other articles. You can also quote from their article.
- Give your take on the article. What were your thoughts?
You can also create some of your own articles that are related to each other that your visitors may find interesting. As long as the articles are related to what your visitors are viewing, it’ll keep them clicking around your website.
Follow these best practices for web copy:
- Create concise, grammatically correct sentences and paragraphs.
- Avoid passive tense and repetition.
- Address your web visitors directly with the word “you”.
- Break content up into bullet points and ordered lists to help mobile visitors get the main points quickly.
- Use catchy headers and titles to capture and sustain your visitors’ attention.
- Don’t stuff keywords. If you are not an expert on SEO, just write naturally but be sure to include keywords at least twice on every page.
- Content should be long enough to convey real information and not just designed to get a page up with some keywords on it (blog posts should be at least 800-1000 words, website articles should be at least 400 words).
- Use real data in your content and site it when possible.
- Convey why you are an expert in your industry on every page your write.
Steps to complete this task
Have clear calls to action (CTA) that Facebook visitors can press (don’t forget to keep it mobile friendly). Make sure your CTAs are descriptive so visitors know where it is taking them.
Create more content for your website. Whether you are talking about other articles or creating new ones, the more there is on your website for visitors to see the more intrigued they will be by what they find.
Keep your content interesting with videos and images. No one wants to read a large text wall, especially not on their cell phones. You can make your website more personal by creating your own videos. This will help show your brand’s personality and help you stand out from your competition. Videos earn the highest rate of engagement on Facebook, even though they are only 3% of the content.
Put Facebook “like” and “share” buttons on all your website content so people can like a post on your website or share it straight to their personal Facebook page without a ton of effort and without leaving your site. You can create these buttons right on Facebook to copy and paste into your site’s HTML. You’ve already perfected your website content, now promote and publicize it on the world’s largest social media platform. We love free advertising!
If you have related articles on your page make sure there isn’t too much “fluff” getting in the way. If you have ads on your page, too much going on can keep visitors from sticking around. Too many ads can also cause your website to load slower.
Consider adding a comments section. This will keep your visitors even more engaged when they can comment and let you know their opinion. This also allows you to ask questions and receive feedback from your visitors.
- Engage your followers by experimenting with new posting techniques.
- Don’t lose followers because of your mobile site.
- Make sure all Facebook posts have good call-to-actions to encourage your visitors to complete a specific action.
- Keep your Facebook followers engaged on your website.
- Build your online visibility by consistently posting on Facebook.
- Review your competitor’s Facebook pages.
- Brand your facebook page
- Stay Engaged with your followers on Facebook
- Decide what to post on Facebook
- Decide when to post on facebook
- Advertise on Facebook
Want to learn digital marketing? Seven Boats Academy offers online digital marketing training, classroom digital marketing course in Kolkata & digital marketing workshops for students, professionals & entrepreneurs/organizations.