A definitive guide to digital marketing course fees in India
What are the fees of the digital marketing courses? – Or what is the price of a digital marketing course? Or how much does a digital marketing course cost? – These are the most asked questions amongst the students who showed interest in the digital marketing field.
Over recent years, digital marketing became the most effective way of marketing. It’s all about promoting businesses and brands to its target prospective customers via multiple digital channels such as emails, search engines, social media to name a few.
Digital marketing has changed the way of marketing for every industry.
Therefore, career scopes in the digital marketing field are rapidly rising day by day.
When did you learn that career in Digital Marketing sector is the next best thing after all the mainstream professions? As compared to other industry with the advancement of technology and new things being launched, the digital marketing sector is growing at a drastic rate. A career in digital marketing is said to be the most promising options today, it has various streams offered by countless institutes in exchange for a fortune.
It’s complicated to come across a set fee structure of digital marketing course because the fee varies from state to state and city to city. The need and importance of marketing have made people realize how bright the future of this sector will be. This fact is attracting more and more students and interested professionals in this sector. It is also interconnected with the new launches of digital marketing institutes every now and then. Learn more about the fee structure in different places.
Types of Digital Marketing Courses Available in India
Various types of courses are offered by different digital marketing training institutes. The fee structures, syllabi, and durations are also different.
On the basis of mode of learning, there are 2 types of digital marketing courses –
E-learning courses – eLearning or online learning is very popular nowadays for its flexibility. You can learn digital marketing at home or any other comfortable zone. You can opt for your own from 2 different modes –
- Online instructor-led live classes – so that you can ask queries to your trainer and clear your doubts. Or
- Online recorded classes – so that you can learn at your own pace anytime, anywhere according to your choice.
2. Classroom training course – classroom training programs are physical learning programs available in specific and selected areas or cities.
The fees of Classroom or face-to-face training programs are higher in comparison to online training as it includes some additional costs like space cost, electricity cost, and maintenance cost.
The fee of these courses varies based on various factors. People have been debating about the difference between online training and classroom training.
- Online self paced digital marketing training cost somewhere around Rs.8000 to Rs. 10,000 whereas the classroom digital marketing training fees in an “average to good” institute may vary in between Rs. 15,000- Rs. 45,000 per course depending on internship, duration (From 2 months up to 1 year) and other parameters mentioned below. For reputed institutes, the digital marketing certification course fees can vary in between Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 80000 for 3-6 months course and in case of advanced diploma or post graduate degree for 1 or 2 years courses (Longer duration digital marketing courses), course fees can vary in between Rs. 1.5 Lakh-3 Lakh depending on the various factors mentioned below.
- Some good /reputed institutes even also offer online recorded video walk through (Self paced) courses at comparatively less course fees of Rs. 5000-Rs. 7000/- . Check Online self paced digital marketing course of Seven Boats
- Digital Marketing Course fees for Live instructor led online classes usually start from Rs. 15,000 and vary in between Rs. 15,000 – Rs.75,000 on an average. (Course duration 2 Months up to 1 Year)
To know more about why and how the fee structure is so different in every state, you need to know some of the factors behind that change.
Eligibility for Learning Digital Marketing in India
Remember, digital marketing is a set of skills, not a degree. It’s included in many marketing and management degrees like BBA, MBA, or as a specific term very recently. Students of marketing and management courses are obliged to learn digital marketing as a mandatory term of their studies.
A post graduate diploma in digital marketing is also launched. You’ll need to match eligibility criteria according to the colleges’ or universities’ demands.
But, if you’re really interested in learning digital marketing, there are no barriers to age, education, marks, or certificates. Only you need is a “burning desire” to learn digital marketing. Most of the Digital marketing training academies or institutes offer digital marketing courses as skills, not degrees.
Digital Marketing Course Fees and Duration in India
Course duration and fees of digital marketing courses widely vary depending on the course type and institutes. Course duration could range from 1 month to 3 years with a variety of fee structures.
You’ll get an overall idea of digital marketing course duration and fees from the below points –
3 years bachelor degree digital marketing course fee in India–
though there’s no specific digital marketing bachelor degree or undergraduate program available in India, you can pursue any management bachelor degree such as Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) or Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) that includes digital marketing as a term. Fees range from INR 1.5 lakh to 4 lakh approximately.
2 years PG diploma or Masters Digital Marketing course fees in India –
2 years post-graduate diploma in digital marketing (PGDDM) or masters are rarely available in India. Fees can be anything from INR 1.5 lakh to 3 lakh per annum. (Total 3-6 Lakh for 2 years approximately)
1 year Digital Marketing Course fees in India –
A 1-year advanced diploma in digital marketing (ADDM) is very popular in India. It involves almost all the facets of digital marketing through around 80 advanced level modules. Fees range from INR 45,000 to 1.2 lakh in India.
6 months Digital Marketing Course Fees in India –
A 6 month’s course in digital marketing (diploma or certification) is also very popular. It involves the intermediate-level curriculum. Fees can be anything from INR 35,000 to INR 80,000 depending on facilities provided like internships, placements, etc.
3 months Digital Marketing Course Fees in India –
3 months digital marketing course is a certification course. Students learn all the facets at the beginner level with some extra facilities like live projects. Fees may vary from INR 15,000 to INR 25,000 in India on an average. For reputed institutes, this may range in between INR 25,000 to INR 45,000. This course is the most common course in the industry . It includes all the basic things about this sector along with some extra additions. Some institutes offer internship and live projects as well.
1 – 2 months Digital Marketing Course Fees in India –
1 month or 2 months digital marketing courses involve either a basic level of modules or specific specialization on a particular facet such as email marketing for professional advancements. Fees may vary from INR 5,000 to INR 20,000 depending on the curriculum, reputation of institutes and demands.
Why Such Diverse Fees Structures In Digital Marketing
Perhaps, you found diverse fees structures on the same digital marketing course. Some institutes are charging very high while some others are offering almost the same course at a very low price. There’re a few factors that influence the fees of digital marketing courses in India.
Some Factors That Influence Digital Marketing Course Fees in India
Types of institutes – there’re many types of institutes such as Government institutes, private institutes, aided institutes, and NGOs that offer digital marketing courses in India. These types have different financial parameters that significantly impact the pricing of the digital marketing courses.
Rating and grade of the institute and years active – the rating and grade of the institute or academy also have an important role in pricing. Higher graded and globally recognized organizations with 10+ years of establishment and 25K+ alumni obviously charge higher.
Location of the institute – location has a significant role in the costs of the digital marketing courses. Digital marketing training fees (especially classroom training) in the high expensive cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Bengaluru are comparatively higher than other cities like Kolkata, Pune, Nasik, and Kochi. Let’s give you an average figure, an offline digital marketing course fees can be around Rs. 25000 to Rs. 75000 on an average in metro cities. (Course duration from 2 Months up to 1 year. Average digital marketing course duration: 3 Months)
Apart from these, the 2 tier cities in India will cost bit less, cities like Jaipur, Nagpur, Nashik etc the same digital marketing course fees will be Rs. 15000 to Rs. 45000 on an average. (Course duration 2 months to 1 year)The list of the institute is too many, and you will have to stick with the reviews and the reputation of the institute to make the most of it.
Types of the course – the training fees of the digital marketing programs depend on the types of the programs. For example, classroom training costs are higher than eLearning programs.
Depths of the syllabus or curriculum – there’re various levels in the course curriculums or syllabi. Some course curriculums are designed for beginner-level students, some are designed for intermediate-level students, and some curriculums are designed for advanced-level students. The fees of the courses differ accordingly.
This is another very important factor when it comes to fee, along with the reputation; the structure and duration of the course affect the fee standards. Some institutes are different from the others, a reliable institute focuses on the deep and necessary knowledge for the students, a good institute arranges for practical digital marketing training and other helpful campaigns to let the students learn in a growing environment.
The different happens when a good institute charges more and offers training through paid ads, or more practical classes with premium tools or with live client projects and capstone projects, providing internship or placement assistance whereas an average institute is charging less but teaching through theoretical classes. This factor will surely affect the digital marketing course fees structure for every city.
Internship facility – the price of digital marketing courses that offer an internship program with live projects is comparatively higher than courses that don’t offer any internship. Internship programs help you learn things by doing and it’s very essential for digital skills to learn in a hands-on practical manner.
Quality of the faculty – like all the training programs or courses digital marketing courses also deeply depended on the faculty or trainer. The experience, depths of knowledge, and teaching skills of the trainer impacts a huge on the course. The more experienced and knowledgeable faculty you choose, the fees are higher.
Quality of the training – This is, however, the only thing that should worry you when you are signing up for a digital marketing training. Since you will be acquiring knowledge instead of buying any product so that you can check the outward look, you will have to be more careful on crosschecking this factor. The quality in terms of institute means the kind of techniques they are using for teaching.
The Digital Marketing trainers they are hiring to teach the students, or the equipment / infrastructure they are using to help you learn. Technology is changing drastically and based on the industrial need, the techniques and mode of communication must change for the better. So it’s clear to understand that the better the quality of training, the higher the charges.
The course module – Course modules are the most important part of any training. Digital marketing is not just limited to SEO, PPC, there are many other streams that make up the module for successful training. Practically when the institutes are charging more, they add some very hot streams of this sector, like email marketing, mobile marketing, affiliate marketing, analytics and others.
Compared to the high fee training course, a low fee training course may have fewer modules and fewer career options for you (Though this is not always 100% true and there are exceptions with highly reputed institutes having a comparatively lower digital marketing course fees than others ). This is what you must understand, if you are looking for varieties, you will have to give a second thought to better fee structure courses.
Related reading: Learn why Seven Boats is among top digital marketing institutes in India?
Placement or entrepreneurship support – some institutes only teach but don’t support the students after completing the course. Digital marketing training institutes that have a good track record for supporting their students comparatively charge higher than others and it’s really worth it. It’s strongly recommended to check out students’ reviews before choosing any digital marketing course.
We can’t think of a single student who wouldn’t want to get placed from the training institute itself. It’s easier and more promising. However, the fee structure also varies due to the reach of the institutes. A reputed institute has a connection with big names in the digital marketing agencies and tie-ups for placement becomes easy. However, a small institute will not be able to provide such a facility.
A high fee of course training will give you a wider range of career opportunities with big or better companies in the industry. Therefore, the best way to get a placement without much hassle is to register in a reputed institute that has a history of successful placement.
Specialized Digital Marketing Courses, Career Options and Fees in India
Specialized digital marketing professionals are highly sought after nowadays. Business organizations are giving more priority to recruit specialized digital marketing professionals such as email marketing specialists, SEO specialists, and content marketing specialists. Remember, it’s necessary to learn all the basic modules of digital marketing before opting for any specialized course.
Some specialized digital marketing courses are –
SEO specialist course – SEO course fees in India range from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 40,000 depending on the depth level of the curriculum.
Email marketing course – email marketing specialist course fees in India range from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 25000 depending on the syllabus, institute, duration, etc.
Social media marketing specialist course – social media marketing course fees in India can be anything from Rs. 12,000 to Rs. 30000 depending on institute, curriculum, and other supports such as internship, placements, etc.
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) – Search Engine Marketing course fees in India widely vary from Rs. 12,000 to Rs. 65,000 depending on the depthness of the course, certification types, internship facility, and placement support.
Which entrance exam is required for taking admission to a digital marketing course?
As digital marketing is a set of skills, not any specific degree, no entrance test is required for learning digital marketing. But if you want to pursue any university-recognized undergraduate program, master program, or post-graduate program related to digital marketing, you might need to crack DSAT, NPAT, BMAT, CAT, XAT, MAT, SNAP, etc.
What is the minimum qualification required for a digital marketing course?
For learning digital marketing skills, there are no such barriers to qualification. But for pursuing a university recognized degree or diploma, you have to satisfy their eligibility requirements.
Is there any installment facility for paying digital marketing course fees?
It depends on the institute you choose. Some institutes offer installment facilities.
Can I get an education loan for learning a digital marketing course?
If you take a skill-based digital marketing course, perhaps banks won’t prefer you. But if you choose any professional degree course associated with digital marketing, the chances are higher.
Can I pay digital marketing course fees online?
Advantages of registering with a comparatively higher digital marketing course fees in India
Learn with experienced and skilled faculty members
There is always a silver lining to everything and when it comes to training with the reputed institute, you will get the advantage of learning with well-trained faculty members. The institutes that charges have a high fee structure are the ones that have experts to teach you the best way possible. Do not go for the cheapest one without doing a thorough research about the institute. You can read about what parameters you should consider while choosing a right digital marketing institute.
Excellent internship and placement facility
Who wouldn’t want to be placed with a reputed agency in the industry? The charges of the fee structure for reputed institutes are bit higher because they are constantly investing in contacting the best firm in the industry. They have promotions and campaigns going on to attract big agencies that will hire their students. This exchange is not free, it involves investment and a lot of hard work.
Getting an internship and placement from your institute will always have more benefit. The institute prepares you for all possible challenges you can face, as a result, you will be able to measure the progress you make as a digital marketing professional. This factor applied to whatever stream you choose, the result should be successful,
Get Access to updated tools
Undoubtedly, when you are registering with a reputed institute by paying an inconsiderable amount of fee, you will get the latest digital marketing tools, and equipment to learn. They offer advanced technology and the latest industrial techniques.
Learning and advancing in one’s career is an ongoing process, however, learning with a reputed digital marketing institute will always give you extra advantages. The quality matters, the faculty matters, offline and online training courses have a lot of differences and we would like to save that discussion for later.
Hope this post helped you clear your doubts and added to the fruitful decision you wanted to take over Digital marketing courses.
Best Digital Marketing Institutes in India & Course Fees
- Top Digital Marketing Institutes in Kolkata
- Best Digital Marketing Institutes in Delhi
- Popular Digital Marketing Institutes in Mumbai
- Top Digital Marketing Training Centers in Chennai
- Best Digital Marketing Courses in Jaipur
- Top Digital Marketing Courses in Pune
- Best Digital Media Institutes in Nagpur
- Popular Digital Marketing Courses in Bhubaneswar
- Top Digital Marketing Institutes in Ranchi
- Best Digital Marketing Institutes in Guwahati
- Top Digital Marketing Courses in Nashik
- Popular Digital Marketing Courses in Bhopal
- Best digital marketing institutes in Patna
- Top digital marketing institutes in Lucknow
- Top Digital Marketing Institutes in Hyderabad
- Top digital marketing courses in Kanpur
Digital Marketing Course fee was confusing for me. Different Institutions with Different Prices but with same Indexes.
The Top Digital Marketing Institutes in Kolkata, Seven boats has an economical pricing strategy with great Outputs at the affordable price.
Thank You Seven Boats for helping me Budget my future Up-gradation.
Thank you Vivek. Yes I agree, sometimes it looks confusing about the digital marketing course fees in various institutions in specific location but usually course fees depend on the reputation of the institution , how long they are in market, how many students they trained, the efficiency of the trainers, the placement record, the type of digital marketing course – online or offline or self paced video mode, the course curriculum, infrastructure and location.
Usually In India, in a generic way, self paced online digital marketing course fees range in between Rs 3500 – Rs. 15,000. Instructor-led live digital marketing courses range between Rs. 10,000 – Rs 75,000 (2-12 months course) and classroom course fees range between Rs 15,000-Rs. 1,00,000 (3 Months-1 year)
At Seven Boats, we have almost all type of courses for everyone as per their need. We have free counselling unit who help students to choose the best course depending on their career goal and other priorities. We also run an initiative for financially weak students under our “Khwaab program” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4NFsI1oKS0
Choosing the right digital marketing course was a tough task while I was looking for one. I did not know which factors to consider and which ones to ignore. There are so many institutes offering the course and the fee ranging from 5000 – 2.4L made it all the more confusing. But then I talked to one of our teachers in Seven Boats. I still remember what he said in class, “Skills are more important than a certificate.” and I can’t agree more. This has been the major focus at Seven Boats Academy, The practical exposure given by assignments that we do as homework and in class can have no substitute.
Thank you Anupama. Yes, indeed we focus more on knowledge sharing and practical applicable insights. Right Skill development is far more important than only certificate or showbiz. Course fees usually vary depending on the brand, reputation, trainer experience, expertise & goodwill , trust factors, infrastructure, placement, course duration, teaching methods & mode, post training support, academy-industry connect, global tie ups, internships, location and many other factors. But students should select institutes based on their main priority – main priority should be the best learning/skill development that they can get from an institute.
This is one of the best article which I found very informative because whenever I think of choosing institution I become confuse that on what basis should I choose an institute. I always got confused about the fee part that why is there different fee structure for the same course. Now I have a clear undestanding of the fee structure. Very infromative.
Thank you Sir.
Thank you Kishor. I am glad to know that this post has cleared your idea about digital marketing course fees in India and how much an institute should charge as digital marketing course fees
I’m looking for a good institute to learn digital marketing in online or offline format and I’ve landed on your website while doing in-depth research. Few things I’ve noted from the claims on many websites and got confused to take the right decision. I would look forward to your suggestion on my following observations –
1) Every second website claims to provide the No-1 Digital Marketing Course in Kolkata, Delhi, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Mumbai, India etc. While most of these institutes came into existence in last 3-4 years, how could they be the No-1?
2) Most of them claim to provide 100% Placement Assistance. Should anyone like me initially prioritise placement than learning?
3) Every institute tells they have the most affordable digital marketing course fee structure. What are the most important things I’ll have to consider other than the fees structure?
4) Every training institure offers Online / Offine Digital Marketing Course claiming to cover 10, 20, 30 or even more modules. Will it be wise to go only the by the number of modules they offer? I believe to start with, focusing on standard modules, tools & course content of a professional digital marketing course covering topics like Paid search marketing, Search Engine Optimisation, Content Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Online Advertising will be a good idea.
5) Another common thing I noticed is Free Demo classes are on offer. Is it good to judge an institute by attending demo class?
6) I found another point from my research that most institutes bank on particular faculty / trainer and they run own YouTube channels also claiming themselves expert in the subject matter to boost one’s career. How to judge credibility of these so called “Gurus” seeking attention as “DigitalZishu”, “DeepakDigitale”, “BinaryBhaiya”, “AnalogAshok” etc. Is there any smart way?
I’ve commented all these here as I found lot of valuable information in your blog unlike others & beieve you have more knowledge in the subject to guide me properly.
Thank you Bivor for taking your time out to comment such elaborately with all your questions. Let me try to give you my answers in brief.
1. With digital boom in India and during coronavirus pandemic many new institutes are coming up or trying to push hard themselves and claiming themselves as number 1 digital marketing institute but as a user you should always cross validate the claim. The easy ways to do that search in Google with the brand name and look for positive citations on different other authority platforms / trusted or popular websites, media coverage, ratings and reviews on various platforms, video testimonials of real people (you can check the profile of those people or do a background check) and also the company enlisting (pvt. ltd or active status or not , establishment year), check their trainers’ profile and do a background check of them similarly like the brand name. If required, do a reference check directly talking to the past students. Also check what other premium institutes like IIM IIT or other old trusted institutes have ever invited them as experts or not. Also check if the institute has a reputation as agency as well or not. Most of the institutes are academy only, very few has reputation as agency (I am not talking about just a digital agency, check agency reputations well)
2. Obviously everyone will claim 100% placement assistance but as a student you should always focus into learning first. Be able first, get the required skills and then automatically opportunities will knock in.Be the best to acquire knowledge and practically implement them on your own apart from what you are learning in class. To check placement record of a digital marketing institute, check with the companies they are associated with, check their past students in Facebook or LinkedIn and cross check. Also again directly talk to the old students.
3. Apart from fees structure, you should consider the following things – Reputation of the institute in various platforms, Establishment of the institute , Faculty, Course Curriculum, Practical Projects, course duration, course mode (online or classroom or mixed or self paced videos), check picture gallery (real pictures say a lot), check course certification & entity type, check placement record, check industry-academia connect, check awards, check consistency and online activity, check online full free courses offered by the institute or not (Udemy or any other serious platforms ) and if that’s publicly available or not with student reviews, check teaching methodology, classroom or online infrastructure and location.
4. Don’t go by misleading numbers. Check what quality learning you will get. Check their student’s activity or sample portfolio. SEO, Social Media, Paid Ads, Marketing Strategies, Content Marketing, Conversion techniques, Web analytics are a few most important modules of digital marketing.
5. As I have answered in point 3, only a single 30 mins – 2 hr demo class will not ever solve your purpose. Rather check for a full fledged online free course offered by the institute or not on a popular 3rd party public platform like Udemy or not. Check the public reviews there.
6. It’s a professional course, not a kid’s coaching or a one time motivational session by a single person/Guru. If you want to take it professionally & very seriously, my suggestion would be – don’t go by a single person or get away by external show off, go by a professional process or system. Look for institutes where a proper process is there and not dependent on a single person. There may be 1 or 2 faces of the company publicly but you need to remember to give you the required knowledge, only one person can’t give you everything (Really really tough ). There must be a team – lead trainer, associate faculty, team leaders, dept. heads, course counsellor, accounts, grievance cell, placement cell & so on. So rather try to find out the hard truth behind all the show off. If you analyze it well, you can see things more clearly (Faces with masks or without masks :)).
Thank you very much for your encouraging words. In case if you have any more questions regarding digital marketing, feel free to contact me. I will try to revert back to you as per my convenience.
One of the best insight about course fees thank you keep writing