There are three ways to respond to your customers’ tweets:
- Reply: Thank the customer for their tweet or acknowledge their complaint.
- Retweet: Retweet your best customer tweets for other people to see on Twitter by clicking the two arrows button on the tweet.
- Like: Click the “heart” on a tweet to favorite it.
In a recent blog at Sentimetrics, a company mentioned in the article found that its social customer support agents were worth about $170,000 each in annual revenue. If you’re not engaging your customers on Twitter, you’re not listening. Here is the problem:
- About 60% of customer inquiries on Twitter go unanswered.
- About 50% of retailers ignore customers on Twitter because they don’t think they have adequate support resources (it takes about 5 minutes to research and start the conversation with 1 customer inquiry).
- About 75% of Twitter users making a complaint to a business expect a response within an hour.
The benefits of good customer engagement on Twitter include:
- About 40% of your Twitter followers will start giving positive feedback.
- You will get about 30% more followers doing research on your goods/services.
- Followers have a 40% greater chance of purchasing goods and services from your company.
The MOST IMPORTANT thing to think about on your Twitter page is brand reputation. If a customer has a negative experience, apologize and thank them for their interest in your company. Then ask them to Direct Message you so you can get more information about the complaint and perhaps offer them a discount. If you are not responding to your followers on Twitter, they will stop following your business.
Steps to complete this task
To reply to a tweet: Click the one arrow button or just type in the reply box under the tweet.
To retweet a tweet: Click the double arrow button. You can either retweet that tweet directly to your followers, or you can also add a comment! Retweeting is basically sharing someone else’s tweet onto your Twitter profile. Since you’re retweeting that tweet to your profile, just remember that your followers will see it as well.
To like a tweet: Click the heart under the tweet.
Customers can also direct message you on Twitter. You will see a notification on the mail tab at the top of your Twitter page. Direct Messages are private, unlike tweets. To direct message someone, simply click the “Message” button on his or her Twitter profile. Always respond to these in a timely manner.ations” tab at the top of the site. This is where you can see who has liked your tweets, retweeted yo
You will see all your notifications on the “Notificu, replied to your tweets, or mentioned your Twitter handle in a tweet. This is where you’ll also get a notification when someone has followed you or tweeted you.