25 Best Social Media Tools For Content Creators & Digital Marketers
Right now, at least 50 % of the world population is hanging out on diverse social media channels. Therefore, if you want your business, brand to reach the maximum amount of potential customers, your organization needs a strong social media presence.
Using social media platforms will help you increase brand awareness, attract more leads, and ultimately generate more sales. But handling social media business accounts effectively isn’t easy and it consumes a lot of time.
Social media marketing for business involves so many tasks like creating content, tracking analytics, responding to queries, and so on. Social media tools can help you create an effective social media strategy and automate repetitive tasks.
The top 25 social media tools for content creators and digital marketers are:
- Canva: Known for its easy drag-and-drop design style, Canva is a popular choice for all types of creatives, but especially social media.
- Crello: Similar to Canva, Crello offers many templates and designs for social media posts.
- Hashtagify.me: This tool helps you find popular hashtags related to your content.
- Prezi and Flipsnack: These tools are useful for creating interactive presentations and digital magazines.
- Grammarly: An essential tool for checking grammar and spelling errors in your content.
- Typeform: Typeform is a tool that lets you create interactive forms and surveys.
- Statusbrew: A multi-network content composer tool.
- StoryArt: Popular tool for Instagram or Facebook stories, providing hundreds of templates and presets.
- Lumen5: A video creation platform designed for brands and businesses to produce social video content for driving audience engagements online.
- BIGVU Teleprompter: Helps you deliver scripts flawlessly while recording videos.
- Animoto and Animaker: Both tools allow you to create professional-quality videos with ease.
- Rocketium: A tool for creating videos and graphics for social media.
- Hootsuite: A user-friendly platform for scheduling and planning social media content.
- Buffer: Useful for managing multiple social media accounts and scheduling posts.
- Google Analytics: A must-have tool for tracking website traffic and user behavior.
- Google Trends and BuzzSumo: Both are great for content brainstorming and finding trending topics.
- Promo.com: A tool for creating high-quality promotional videos.
- InVideo: Another tool for creating videos, with pre-made templates.
- Copy.ai: An AI-powered tool for generating creative content.
- Piktochart: A tool for creating infographics and visuals.
- Agorapulse: Lets you identify your best-performing content, track trends, and leverage user behavior data.
- SocialPilot: A comprehensive social media marketing tool.
- Planable: A social media collaboration platform.
- Feedly: A news aggregator application for various web browsers and mobile devices.
- Keyhole: A real-time hashtag tracking tool, used for tracking campaign performance, monitoring influencer engagement and understanding audience.
Remember, the best tool for you depends on your specific needs and the kind of content you want to create.
Key Features of a Good Social Media Tool
All social media tools don’t offer the same services, therefore every social media tool has diverse features according to its variety of services. But there’re some common key features all good social media tools must have.
- Time-saving – one significant reason marketers use social media tools for saving time. You can get similar or better results faster using social media tools. Make sure your social media tools have some automation features. Choose your tools that perform the automation process accurately. Related reading: Marketing Automation
- Easy to use – social media tools must be user-friendly. Your social media tools should be so easy to use that your accountant can edit your social media images while required.
- Free supports – Every social media tool provides free training through its website or customer support team. Many tools give access to their social community to get immediate expert advice from pro professionals.
- Cost-effective – social media tools should be cost-effective so that each and every social media professional can afford the cost. Most of the social media tools are budget-friendly and many tools are even free.
- Organized – by using social media tools, you become more organized and accountable. Make sure you choose the social media tools that can help you perform your social media tasks in an organized way.
Different Types of Social Media Tools
Social media tools are versatile and perform many diverse tasks, ranging from automation jobs like scheduling posts to data-based tasks such as tracking followers’ demographics. Every social media tool helps you focus on some specific tasks.
According to the priority of performances, we can classify social media tools as follows –
- Lead generation tools
- Analytical tools
- Security tools
- Buyer persona tools
- Content creation tools
- Sharing and monitoring tools
- Graphic designing tools
- Content curation tools
- Content filtering tools
- And many other types of social media tools
List of Best Social Media Tools (Category-wise)
Lead generation tools
OptinMonster is one of the most sought out lead generation tools. It can help you capture leads through visually appealing popups, light boxes, and landing pages. You can create your lead capturing system by simply using drag and drop templates.
Plans and prices – basic for $ 9 per month, plus for $ 19 per month, pro for $ 29 per month, and growth $ 49 per month with 14 days unconditional money-back guarantee.
Similar tools for lead generation – Tweepi, and Audiense.
Agora Pulse is a simple and analytical focused social media management tool. It offers all the analytics and basic solutions including scheduling, running quizzes and contests, promoting brands, etc. You’ll also get features to do competitor researches.
Plans and prices – free, pro for $ 79 a month, premium for $ 159 a month, and enterprise for custom price with a 30-day free trial.
Similar tools for analytics – Follower wonk, Crowd Booster, Tweeter Analytics, Facebook Analytics, and Analisa.io.
Though LastPass isn’t an absolute social media tool, but it works well on social media platforms. It allows you to save all your passwords in its password vault.
You can create several strong social media passwords and keep them in Last Pass’s encrypted vault. The best part is that you don’t need to remember all passwords. You just need to remember the master password of the LastPass tool and every time this tool will automatically place your login details in your social media accounts.
Plans and prices –
For personal users and families – free, premium for $ 3 per month, and families $ 4 per month with 14 days free trial.
For businesses – MFA for $ 3 per month, teams for $ 4 per month, enterprise for $ 6 per month, and identity for $ 8 per month with 14 days free trial.
Similar tool for security – ZeroFOX
Buyer persona tools
Socialbakers is a popular tool for tracking and measuring follower’s data. You can also create a buyer persona of your target audience and your competitors as well.
Socialbakers also help in social media analytics, competitors’ researches, and cross-channel publishing. It’s very helpful for targeting the audience, budgeting campaigns, acquiring more customers, among other associated tasks.
Plans and prices – essential – 10 profiles for INR 13,300 per month, essential – 20 profiles for INR 26,600 per month, and customized services.
Similar tool for creating buyer personas – Socedo, and Hubspot.
Content creation tools
BuzzSumo is one of the most popular social media tools for searching new and viral content. You just need to put some keywords or phrases in the BuzzSumo platform, and you’ll get many trending posts. This tool also helps to discover influencers who could be the best fit for your social media marketing.
Plans and prices – pro for $ 99 per month, plus for $ 179 per month, large for $ 299 per month, and enterprise for $ 499+ custom plan with a free trial of 30 days.
Similar tools for content creation – Tailwind, Revive Old Posts, and Tagboard.
Sharing and monitoring tools
Brand24 is a popular tool that gives you options to share your brand message anywhere on the internet including social media and other publishers. You can also identify social influences and mentions and segment them as neutral, positive, negative, etc.
Plans and prices – plus for $ 49, premium for $ 99, and Max for $ 199 with a free trial of 14 days.
Similar tools for sharing and monitoring – Spout social, and SocialOomph.
Graphic designing tools
Canva is one of the best graphic design tools on the internet. Designing is the place where you can represent your creativity. You can design your images, infographics by using Canva.
Canva may help you create visually appealing social media posts and grow your social engagements. It has a huge number of ready-to-use templates you can modify in minutes.
Plans and prices – free, pro for INR 999 per month, and enterprise for INR 2,200 per month per person.
Similar tools for designing – Crello, Animoto, Adobe Lightroom and Visage.
Content curation tools
Hootsuite is a recognized and powerful social media tool. You can manage your all social media accounts with this tool. It has many features that will help you create and schedule social media posts as well as to measure the performances.
Plans and prices – professional for INR 1260 per month, team for INR 6600 per month, business for INR 45,000 per month, and enterprise solutions for custom prices with 30 days free trial.
Similar tools for content curation – Buffer, MeetEdgar, Post Planner, IFTTT, Sprout Social, Oktopost, Everypost, Sendible and SocialFlow.
Influential is an AI-based social media tool that can help you discover the best influencers across major social media platforms. It helps brands to find out followers’ nature of engagements and volume. It’s also a technology partner of IBM Watson.
Feedly is another social media tool that can help you filter and aggregate content from multiple social accounts. You can use the collected content to create your own content in a better way.
Bitly helps to shorten URL links. These shorten URL links work well across all social media platforms. You can also measure any link’s performances with analytics and further optimize your strategies.
Misc. Other tools
- Copy Hackers
- Social Champ
- Social Status
- Click to Tweet
- Viral Content Bee
- Facebook Scheduling Tool
- Later Social Media Management tool
- Mailchimp’s social media marketing tools
Hope these article gave an overall idea about social media tools and their types. There’re many other social media tools available on the internet. Every tool has special features according to its specific focused category.
If you’re interested in a social media marketing career, you can consider joining our digital marketing course that will help you learn all the necessary skills you need to be a social media marketing professional.