There are lots of people around who tell you to make your brand popular on Twitter. The words of advice extend to remaining active on Twitter so that you can quickly spread the word around when you need some promotional activity to be done. But how do you do so without coming across like a spammer? To begin with, you need to know the platform of Twitter inside out. You have to know the tool so that you can use it for maximum effect. Here are the top 5 tips to be popular on Twitter:
- Tweet for Maximum Effect: A wise idea to get maximum leverage from your tweets is to update them when most of your followers are online. You can make use of tools like Followerwonk to find out when your followers are online and from what locations. Tweet accordingly.
- Start Talking: It is easier said than done. You might start talking but you have to be interesting at the same time! There is no point in talking about nothing in particular. Be precise and relevant. You have to initiate the conversation so that you can control the topic of discussion.
- Promote User Tweets: People like to see their tweets getting some attention from a brand, like yours. Filter out tweets that speak well of your brand and highlight them in your blog and associated content. This will act as an incentive for other users to tweet about your brand, if simply to see their tweets under the limelight.
- Follow Up: Being a nice guy on Twitter demands more time and effort than you initially bargain for! Following up on conversations is important to leave a stronger impact on your Twitter followers. It will mark you out as someone who is genuinely interested in the conversation.
- Universal Tweets: Your tweets have a larger audience than you think if you can make them universal in theme. Look for issues and topics that appeal to a wider network. You will make your brand more popular on the global scale if you do not limit your tweets to geographic and demographic proportions.