Sales is the absolute lifeblood of your online business venture and running the process of getting customers to buy what you’re offering is what you should focus on organizing as efficiently as possible.
This organization ideally consists of a sales funnel which consists of various points of marketing and promotion, all of them leading down a sales tunnel to a landing page where customers are convinced into buying and from which these customers are led to a final payment system.
Increasing your selling success is about making each of these “funnel” components as strategic and well managed as possible so that they each create maximum conversions towards the next action in the process until a final sale is reached.
That said, here are some crucial tips on how to do just that all along your sales process.
Aim for Targeted Traffic
This is the single most important piece of strategic advice that you can keep in mind when you’re selling online: Not all traffic is created equal and the marginal benefit of a smaller amount of targeted traffic is worth much more than what you’re likely to get with a larger amount of general traffic.
Target your traffic. Learn to understand your key market segments; find out who your niche customers are through diligent keyword research, analytics and by getting to know your existing market online, and then target them as precisely as possible.
If you do this effectively because you’ve done proper market research, the conversion rates you’ll see with all of your selling efforts will be much higher and thus give you a much better ROI per advertising dollar spent.
Create a Call to Action and Make it Visible
Your call to action is what really motivates your well researched and well understood target audience to go for what you’re offering and follow all the steps to a final sale. It’s what needs to be most visible at every step of the selling process and it had better be well made.
The idea call to action isn’t just a pushy invocation to buy, buy, buy! Instead, it should be something that forcefully answers to the needs, desires and problems of your potential customers, pushing their buttons by making them see that not only do you understand what they want, but also sympathize and have just the solution ready.
Additionally, right after any call of action, as well as right before it (depending on circumstances), you should be able to explain exactly what you’re offering in a clear, informative way that leaves no room for doubt about your trustworthiness.
Finally, you probably won’t have just one call to action during your sales funnel; instead, you’ll have to set up several of them, each in a different part of your sales process and each guiding readers closer to a sale. Examples of the different CTA locations might include: one for your advertising, one for a blog post and another one on your sales landing page.
Learn the Ropes of PPC
PPC stands for Pay Per Click advertising, and it’s the internet’s single most common and pervasive form of product marketing. Run by companies like Google, Yahoo, Microsoft and dozens of others through their own specialized advertising programs, PPC can either gain you enormous targeted ad campaigns that rake in customers or it can simply cause you to spend yourself into poverty if not managed effectively.
You see, when it comes to PPC, the difference between success and simply wasting money pointlessly lies almost entirely in how strategically you manage your campaigns and how well you know how to play with niche keywords that apply best to segments of your target audience. Since almost all major PPC systems are priced around advertisers bidding around the popularity of commonly searched for keywords so that their ads can appear in search or page results when those keywords appear, knowing what your most highly converting keywords will be is crucial.
Also, if you’re running a PPC campaign, you should aim as much as possible for niche and long tail keywords within your target markets search habits, since trying to buy the ad space that appears for major, commonly used words will probably cost a bundle without giving you the kind of targeted traffic that converts better into sales.
Ultimately, you only pay for ads that get clicked on with the majority of PPC spending schemes, thus your real results will come from having those ads reach highly effective landing pages that really convert visitors into buyers with a high percentage margin.
Make a Powerful, Credible Sales Landing Page
Your Sales Landing page is the place where every single one of your online marketing and advertising placements on the web will lead to by being clicked through. Thus, this landing page had better be good, because it is the source of all your sales conversions and the resulting revenues you earn.
In order to make this landing page good, you need to incorporate a few key elements that are likely to create a much stronger impression.
For one thing, you should normally tend towards longer sales landing pages instead of short ones, and the very least do not be shy about taking as much text and space as you need to craft your sales pitch. This is important because it gives you the time and space to craft a convincing narrative that appeals thoroughly to readers needs, addresses their worries, answers their potential objections to buying and convinces them to finally buy.
Furthermore, make sure that your sales page narrative (and titles) does not simply plead with pushy instructions to buy. Instead, appeal to curiosity and inform thoroughly. This will win you much more respect, and customers than simply asking for a sale without creating well crafted justification.
Finally, explain exactly what you’re offering and don’t hesitate to use graphics, Infographics or video to do so. By adding a clear explanation that also incorporates multimedia elements, you’ll create an ever more convincing, honest looking offer that has broader viewer appeal.
There are many other things you can do to improve your landing page for maximum conversion, and lot’s of testing is a good idea, but the above are some of the essential elements.
Streamline things by Outsourcing Sales
Once you’ve built up your sales process and developed a steady stream of clients, you’ll need to be ready to handle them and any possible future scaling up that you might need as you grow. This is where sales outsourcing comes into the picture.
Instead of managing your own sales and getting bogged down in the mechanical details of filling customer orders, addressing complaints and handling payment processing; why not simply hire a professional, efficiently run third party provider to do the work for you? This will not only give you more time to focus on increasing sales through marketing and advertising, it will also let you systemize your selling process so that its always ready to grow with minimal additional cost.
10 Most Effective Strategies To Grow Online Sales
To grow online sales, here are some effective strategies that you can implement:
- Be honest in your sales copy: Transparency and honesty in your product descriptions and sales copy are crucial for building trust with customers. Avoid hype or making exaggerated claims that may lead to disappointment.
- Optimize your website for conversions: Ensure that your website is user-friendly, with clear navigation and intuitive design. Make it easy for customers to find and purchase products by streamlining the checkout process and implementing secure payment options.
- Implement effective SEO strategies: Improve your website’s visibility in search engine results by optimizing your content for relevant keywords and ensuring proper on-page SEO techniques. This can help drive organic traffic and increase your chances of making sales.
- Leverage social media marketing: Create a strong presence on social media platforms where your target audience is active. Engage with followers, share valuable content, run targeted ads, and leverage social proof to build credibility and drive traffic to your website.
- Offer incentives and promotions: Encourage customers to make purchases by offering discounts, free shipping, limited-time offers, or loyalty rewards. These incentives can entice potential buyers and boost conversion rates.
- Provide excellent customer service: Respond promptly to customer inquiries, offer personalized assistance, and resolve any issues or concerns they may have. Positive customer experiences can lead to repeat purchases and positive word-of-mouth recommendations.
- Use email marketing campaigns: Build an email list of interested customers and send targeted, personalized emails to nurture relationships and promote your products. Use automation features to send abandoned cart reminders, exclusive offers, or product recommendations.
- Utilize customer testimonials and reviews: Display positive customer testimonials and reviews on your website to build trust and social proof. This can enhance the credibility of your products and encourage potential buyers to make a purchase.
- Analyze and optimize: Continuously monitor and analyze your website’s performance using analytics tools. Identify areas where you can improve conversion rates, such as optimizing landing pages, improving page load speeds, or reducing cart abandonment rates.
- Collaborate with influencers: Partner with relevant influencers in your industry who have a strong online presence and a loyal following. Their endorsement and promotion of your products can significantly boost your online sales.
Remember, growing online sales is an ongoing process that requires experimentation, continuous improvement, and staying up-to-date with the latest marketing trends and strategies.