To most, SEO and social media are trades that you pick up through practical experience and reading sundry online posts. However, for those who want to seriously study SEO and learn it is a form of marketing, there are some excellent books available. Here are the top 10 SEO and social media books that can teach you everything you want to know about this industry:
- The Art of SEO: Written by Eric Enge, Stephen Spencer, Rand Fishkin, and Jessica Stricchiolia, this book is arguable the most detailed one, dealing with SEO. Because of the many authors, you get a wider spectrum of views and ideas.
- The Link Building Book: Paddy Moogan makes this book a learner’s guide for link builders by drawing extensively from his experience of working at ‘Distilled’.
- SEO Fitness Book: The USP of this Jason McDonald book is that other than just text, there are tool-books and work-sheets for a better learning experience.
- Optimize: How to Attract and Engage More Customers by Integrating SEO, Social Media, and Content Marketing: In this book, Lee Odden brings together the various heads of SEO under one roof and you will know how you can integrate them all to get the desired result.
- Search Engine Optimization for Dummies: Peter Kent establishes that SEO is not hard to pick up in this simply-written book for beginners and laymen.
- Advanced Web Metrics with Google Analytics: Brian Clifton decodes Google’s premiere tracking tool in this book. You can do so much more with your online business if you know how to handle Google Analytics better!
- SEO King: How I Built My Blogging Empire: Written by acclaimed blogger Jason Blair, this book is as much inspiring as it is informative. Here you can read about the first-hand experience of a blogger with humble beginnings who made it big online.
- SEO for Beginners: Amit Bhawnani takes a comical route to teaching you all about SEO. Though not voluminous enough to be considered a ‘serious’ book, you can try this 55-page entertainer!
- SEO for Content Writers and PR Pros: In this book Phil Byrne teaches you what people want online and how you can offer them exactly that and turn the tide in your favor.
- Fifty SEO Ideas: Free Tips, Secrets, and Ideas for Search Engine Optimization: Another book by Jason McDonald, this one is particularly important for startups on how to climber higher up the pecking order through SEO.
You can also try SEO in a nutshell by Debajyoti Banerjee, Founder & CEO at Seven Boats Info-System