As a businessperson who wants to make more profit, it would beneficial for you to consider expanding your business by going online. Though you will get several advantages when you try to penetrate into the online market, there are still so many things for you to be familiar with. While there are so many opportunities that you may encounter online, there are still risks involved especially when you do not take some things into consideration. When it comes to making your business known to potential customers, you need to make sure that your target market or the online users in general know that you exist. It means that your site should be viewed on the World Wide Web. In order to do that, you need to focus on web hosting for online accessibility and visibility.
There are so many things associated with hosting and one of them has something to do with the type of hosting you choose. There are several hosting options that you have to look for. Keep in mind that your business will be affected, negatively or positively, by your selection of a particular hosting type. It would be beneficial to determine several of them and choose which type is appropriate for your needs.
6 Types Of Web Hosting
Be aware that hosting is essential when you want to be recognized online. Though it is a service offered to make your site accessible on the internet, there are still considerations to take. You must know what certain hosting option you need. Several hosting types available in the market include:
1. Shared hosting: If you own a small business online, then this type is ideal for you. This is considered inexpensive compared to other types because of the nature of hosting. It would make it cheaper for everyone since you are sharing the cost of the server with other users within the server. One obvious advantage of shared hosting is that it is cost-effective. However, there are drawbacks that you need to know about. Since you are sharing with other clients, there will be greater possibilities of exposure that can affect the functioning of your websites.
2. Dedicated hosting: Even if you start small, but you are confident that your business will grow, it would be advantageous to choose type as you will be expanding your business later on. There are several benefits that this type of hosting offers. You will have full access and control of the server since you are the only one within the server. It basically means that the server is only dedicated to you, which means you have greater security because you do not need to be with other clients that may trigger some security issues. However, dedicated hosting requires a larger amount of money since it is costly.
3. E-commerce hosting: If you want to create a website that specifically functions as an online shop, then you may prefer this type of hosting as you will benefit from getting software for shopping cart, payment processors and SSL certificates. It may also functions as shared hosting, but the emphasis on this type is in e-commerce.
4. Hosting using VPS or virtual private servers: VPS focus on using software to distribute physical servers into several virtual servers in which each server is capable of running its own applications and its own system. Web developers as well as industry professionals may make use of this type of hosting to host several websites. As for the advantages, it gives you a complete authority to execute your own software and you can manage multiple sites. There is also an unlimited space offered. As for the disadvantages, it is costly, but not that expensive compared to the dedicated hosting, and there is no technical support.
5. Linux hosting: Linux is an operating system that is free or open-source. It allows you to run several applications on your websites such as PHP, MySQL, Perl and XML. You need a type of web hosting that supports this operating system to use the Linux-powered applications mentioned above. In addition, you may consider this hosting if you want to experiment your website by using simple HTML or a more complicated language for creating websites.
6. Blog hosting: This is basically for those who want to create blogs as the name implies. A lot of features of shared hosting can also be found in this type. However, there are features specifically created for making blogs that are provided by this type of hosting.
What Do You Need?
When choosing what type of hosting you need, several factors should be taken seriously such as:
- The size of your website: You have to determine the size of your website and choose a particular hosting type that can cater your needs regarding the size of your site.
- The amount of bandwidth you need: If there are so many visitors in your site, then you need a larger amount of bandwidth. However, you do not need to choose dedicated hosting if you do not need such amount of bandwidth that this hosting provides.
- The level of security you want: The higher the level of security, the better and safer you feel. However, there is a price that you need to consider. You get high-level security in dedicated hosting, but it will cost you a fortune.
- Power and control: Just like you want to get higher level of security, you may want to benefit from full power and control. If you choose dedicated hosting, then you will get these benefits.
Several factors affect the performance of your website. Taking necessary actions must be done in order to get the most of it. Hosting is important when you want to be known and viewed on the internet. When selecting a type of web hosting, you need to weigh the pros and cons of the types available and find out what is the best for your website.
If you are new to web hosting, then you may have more problems than solutions on how to keep your website effectively. Doing some research will surely help you in deciding what to do.