Visibility of websites on popular search engines is very important, but selecting amongst the SEOs is tough. Many small scale businesses go for local SEO service firms, whereas the global and national businesses go for large scale web marketing companies. The online advertising and web marketing is changing at a rapid speed. Therefore, there is a great need to update and shift towards modern SEO approaches and practices because if the inclusion of fresh approaches and practices to Internet marketing and SEO services is inadequate, then the website owners might suffer issues. So, the traditional and outdated practices require amendments in order to meet the latest system changes that are introduced by the Google’s Hummingbird. The updates and changes brought by the Hummingbird and Penguin 2.1 software help the ward off companies that generate spams.
It’s not obvious that every time when the popular algorithm updates, the chances of high ranking of websites disappear. The web masters and best SEO companies must follow and implement the most efficient practices and fresh approaches.
SEO Best Practices for the Pre-Campaigning Analysis
- Decide Your Goal – it is important to decide that at which market your company is targeting? One must have a deep knowledge of every corporation target clients by checking out the psychographics, demographic and industrial trends as well as buying habits of the market.
- Identify the Personality of your clients – To decide your targeted audience you need to create identities which shall represent different types of clients. For creating personas, you need to study the authentic market data. This process helps in identifying and understanding your clients and their expectations and demands.
- Go for different Texting Strategies – After you are done with deciding the targeted market and creating different identities of your clients; create a strategy for messaging which will aid in maximizing your incoming opportunities.
- KPI’s – Recognize the major conversions which may bring success for the company such as monthly service orders, incoming calls, web leads or quoting request. You cannot track all info, but it is vital to have an exact target to calculate the course of the online campaign.
SEO Best Practices for Research of the Keywords
- Recognize the correct keyword opportunity – the keywords are most important tool which aids in identifying the goal of the company. Wrongs keywords generate no visits, poor traffic opportunity and lack of CTR, as well.
- Estimate the intent of the keywords – All keywords are not equal. It is vital to think and consider analytically about every keyword to understand and decide that which keywords are more relevant for targeting customers and generating traffic. Scrutinize the results for different keywords and understand that where exactly your brand or company fits in. If you find no similar search results then you might be focusing on an untouched opportunity or on any less relevant term.
- Check the existing CTR info – Have a look at the webmaster and SEO tools to check the CTR or Click Through Rates of any term or “Keyword” that can generate impressions. The keywords with highest CTR are those which have given successful results by converting the web searchers into regular visitors or into successful client’s leads, too.
- Consider about the keyword positioning competition – Searching for the keywords that display achievable ranking are very important.
- Make use of relevant long tail keywords specific to your niche.
SEO Best Practices for SEO: On-Page & off-page
- URL – The URL’s needs to be clean, simple and must have relevant keywords in it. Avoid lengthy strings that contains random numbers, letters and irrelevant characters like %, ?, &, 3, etc.
- Content – The matter or content for every page needs to be natural and unique. The content has to be directly important for the keywords by making use of different synonyms, tenses and similar keywords. It is important that the website content meets the user’s requirement and expectations. It must be fresh (regularly updated)
- On-page Structuring – It is advisable to break down the content of your website into different sections. It helps the users in quickly understanding and consuming the data. Even, the tags such as h3, h2, h1 can be used to rank the data. Avoid exclusive use of flash and images.
- Links – It is a good strategy to connect the relevant sites wherever and whenever possible. One can link to the authorities on different subject matters, covered by the site. Stress only on relevancy & authority, not on quantity. Also interlink your own webpages well with variety of anchor text. Anchor text variation must be there for external backlinks as well.
- Social – It is advisable to add a widget of social sharing to your site page. It will help the users in sharing your content on different social media networks. Use Google local, Authorship markup, Rich snippet (Structured data) for your website. Maintain good amount of social share, citations, hashtags & mentions in various popular social media sites.
Hence, these are some of the SEO best practices that help the webmasters. These practices are compulsory to be followed after Penguin 2.1 and Google Hummingbird processing in order to generate more traffic on your websites. With these modern and efficient practices, you can explore better online marketing opportunities and secure great SEO results!
This post is by Sachin. He is a full time writer and a professional blogger. Sachin loves to write on different subjects such as SEO, blogging, gadgets, insurance and much more. He has also written many posts on gadget insurance. This post by him is a good and an informative post on the above topic.