Increasing the organic traffic depends a lot on the evergreen content. It is one of the most important assets a blog or website can have. Apart from the footfalls, it also guarantees to foster a long-term success in a digital marketing. This should be a part of your content marketing strategy and the following list will help you create evergreen content ideas for your online campaign.
Understanding evergreen content
Evergreen, as the word explains, is used in terms of content marketing to identify those which are relevant even after weeks and months it has been originally published. Simply said, it is a content which people will search for always and when done right, it can generate thousands of organic traffic even after it has been published afresh. This strategy is particularly valuable when you don’t post regularly and will be a sort of long term investment in terms of content marketing. It makes you focus on the quality instead of quantity. There are some highly searchable keywords which are important to create evergreen content. They include –
when, what, why, how, who, where, guide, tips, list, tutorial.
The following are the list of evergreen content ideas used for your business-
Evergreen Content Ideas: Guides and answers
- How to choose – customers will always look for new tools, products and services and this type of content can share tips on how to select the best one that will suit their purpose.
- How to use – this is generally an in-depth guide about a selected product or platform. Even though the tools might get outdated, a good guide can be archived.
- How to make – the do-it-yourself guides are forever be very popular because people love a step-by-step instruction when they want to create something valuable for themselves. Example: How to build brand loyalty
- Beginners guide -explain the new concepts for somebody who is just started out right from the initial point. Example: Beginners guide to blogging
- How to for advanced users – the advanced guides should not have the elementary instructions; instead, should throw light on the expertise and how to achieve it. This can be a very specific guide for the professionals and must have a knowledgeable insight.
- Help content – this is one of the most popular evergreen content materials when you should carefully select the keywords to make them appear on the top Google ranks
- Buying guide – help your customers understand what to purchase including the various ways that helps them understand the comparison between the different brands
- FAQ – customers would like to get their common queries answered at a single point. The frequently asked question can be used to help them understand their simple queries.
- New clients questions – apart from preparing content in emails for the newly formed clients, you can publish them for everyone to read
- Best practices – find out what are the best practices that work for your industry or niche. There is no point keeping a secret about your industry knowledge, product or tool. Example: Best practices for link building
- Definitions – new acronyms, terms and various industry jargon are not always understood by common man. Your readers will appreciate if you have a content that clearly states what stands for what. Example SEO glossary
- Single greatest tip – there are different listicles which mention the top 10 or 50 best choices but that is not the single round-up. You can create a content which explains the most important and unmissable tip.
- Comparison – create an expert content by comparing different providers, tools and services
- Product reviews – this is yet another most popular evergreen topic and help your customers to understand the current market situation
- History – it is always nice to let your customers know about where a certain product, tool, platform arrived from. Explain the history to make your work stay evergreen.
- Strategy – write a content which includes the specific advice along with the detailed execution of a strategy for your industry. There will be some practical strategies which will forever be useful. Example : Decoding the right digital marketing strategies in corona time
- Explaining trend – provide insights about the trends even though they keep on changing over time. It is important to make them understand why the trend started in the first place and then follow with insights
- Influencer writing – you can ask the niche influencers to explain about tool, product or provide them with the review on various platforms like LinkedIn, Twitter or on a webpage.
- Best niche blogs – this is particularly important for newbies who are coming into your industry. Share them with the latest blog ideas that are coming up in your industry.
- Common mistakes – the content should highlight about the common mistakes that happen in a market and also provide them with how to avoid such errors and overcome the situation. Example: Most Common SEO mistakes
- Complete glossary – readers might often run into industry jargons that they are not familiar with. Create a complete list of definitions that will help your readers to understand everything that they ever need to look up to.
- Conferences and events – create a content list that includes all the important industry events that are going to happen in a year or a certain phase of time. Those interested can use it to shortlist what are the conferences, seminars they would like to attend and plan ahead.
- Fun facts or humorous insights – It is a wrong idea that only the serious content will make mark. You can create content that will be great for social sharing and one of the most attractive ideas is the humorous or the funny facts.
- Busted – every industry has myths that the outsiders believe to be true. You can bust such kind of ideas and tell them the truth. Example: Major SEO Myths Busted
- Known errors – if you know the work around for problems, share it with your audience. It can draw instant traffic as a common problem will be faced by many who are looking for solutions.
- Technical process – in general, people are not too savvy about technicalities. So, they would look for a guide to understand the technicalities of a product or tool that has all the details.
- Best videos – it’s always easy to learn looking from the videos. So, create a list of the best videos in one place and share with your audience which they can choose to learn from. Example: Best free digital marketing courses and tutorials
Evergreen Content Ideas: Company or service
- Service and product features – you can create a detailed explanation about a product feature in this content which will be helpful for everyone who will be using it for the first time
- Company values – create a content that speaks about the strong, uncompromising values of your company
- Alternatives – it’s a very common concern produces to get confused between a, b and c. Help them answer the question themselves by creating alternatives
- User survey results – this will need a thorough research and work but once done this can be a great tool to talk with your customers Philosophy – if your brand stands for a philosophy, share their unique perspective for your audience to understand the same
- Case study – Real world examples are always very inspirational. Help your potential customers to make a decision by telling the real time stories or case studies. It can go a long way if you implement the right SEO strategy and share. Add the client testimonials which can also be a good addition to this.
- Life hacks – you can create some illustrated life hacks depending on what kind of tools, services and products. Give suggestions about unique view point and create an expert opinion on a topic that can help to cover the important points about a particular tool, service or product.
- Planner – let not your audience lose the consistency. Help them with the planner that works for a specific task.
- Best lessons learnt – you can create the life lessons or share the real-time regrets that people share to create a content which can help the other readers work similarly
Evergreen content ideas: Curated content
- Transformed news – as the term suggests, this is not a very straight forward report on news but when you make it a bit twisted, it can have longer term impact. Sometimes, they are more useful because it explains a situation better than the actual incident.
- Series of tutorials – getting people understand about the knowledge and help achieve the same can be done through the right content. Collect good tutorials from different sources and place them at a single point so that your audience can refer to the one that they think will be helpful. Example: Free digital marketing e-books or free SEO tutorial
- Embedded presentations – create presentations on your own or collect it from various trusted sources on a particular topic to make an evergreen content.
- Inspiring quotations – this can be a motivating post and can help the readers to get inspired. You can embed a click to tweet link which can make it easier for them to share online.
Evergreen content ideas: Lists
- Resource list – this is a highly recommended content where you can include the various list of information that the readers can refer to as and when required. Example: Top SEO books, AACRO® model of digital marketing
- Checklist – this is the easiest and the most common evergreen content idea. It is easy for readers to understand and also easy to create! Example: Checklist for on page SEO
- Best free tools – any article that starts with ‘best’ or ‘top’ has the attention of the readers almost immediately. You can share a list of free tools which the readers can choose to achieve a particular aim. Example Free SEO tools
- Best paid tools – similar to the previous one, this might not be all very popular choice. However, it can be loved by professionals for advanced users.
- Podcast and music list – when companies share their music collection or specific podcast ideas, the readers will use it to short list on their own preference to the existing one.
- Bucket list- this can also be resourceful idea for your readers. Update them with the latest trend of ideas to help them find out where to eat, travel or work
Related reading: How to increase website traffic?
New content ideas
It is not always necessary that you have to create something from the content writing ideas as listed above but you can also make a different format to make it engaging and evergreen. Some of the most important, interesting and engaging format of contents can include options such as interview, podcast, training course or videos, memes, ebook, webinar, email template or SlideShare.
Evergreen Content Ideas: Personal knowledge
- Share your Secrets – readers love to learn from others who are real people. It would be an evergreen content if you share the real life secrets.
- Comparison –make your own voice speak and judge about tools, products, services, places to visit, books, movies or anything you feel like sharing.
- Product Reviews -this is a vital part of shared economy and the reviews generated from the people has a wholesome value for the first time investors
- Failures – sometimes, it is important that the failure stories can be more relatable than the success stories. Connect with the readers by sharing your own failures instance
- Services for everyday use – help he audience understand the services that you use today has a logic and what route and ideas you followed to pick them
- Bio and Skills – if you are an influencer, write about yourself and tell the world how you achieved the skill set. Make sure to update it regularly
- The Way You Work – sharing working principles can be beneficial for those who are starting for the first time.
- Strategies that can make you productive– productivity tips have always found a popular readers’ base. Whatever you think worked for you, create content with all those in the list. Even if it is not a self made point, it can work. Any form of validation is helpful.
Do you have any other evergreen content ideas? Don’t hesitate to share in the comment section. We will love to hear from you.