With a bit of work every website can get more traffic! Given that you are currently you are currently not increasing traffic by any significant amount we have some tasks that should help start growing. A few of the biggest drivers we consistently see time and time again when looking at why some websites have amazing growth rates and other don’t include the following:
- Consistently adding new content that is relevant to your website. Even a local flower shop should be adding articles to their website on a weekly basis. This takes discipline but over the course of a year if you set a “weekly content schedule” and commit to it, almost invariably your organic traffic will increase.
- Be active on social media. Most small to medium sized companies don’t get their fair share of traffic. Be active, join all the social platforms, and utilize the steps we talk about under your social objectives to really take advantage of this channel.
- Get natural backlinks. Backlinks are still a big factor in determining website rankings. Reach out to people you have relationships with and see if they will add a link to your website from theirs. Offer them a guest blog article on something you know a lot about that includes a link at the bottom back to your website. You might be surprised how many people you know that can help (think suppliers, loyal customers, trade associations, bloggers, anything in your industry!)
- Consider advertising. Digital advertising is a huge business because it can drive a lot of traffic quickly to a website. Of course this requires a realistic budget to move the needle and we usually advise at least 10% of current revenue to maintain sales with some growth. In some industries, to get new revenue we have seen investments in marketing that go up to 40% of the new revenue goal.
- Don’t do anything wrong! Don’t try to cheat search engines by stuffing in keywords, never buy backlinks, and don’t hire an SEO or marketing company that you haven’t vetted (or they may do these things without you even knowing). If you truly want to grow consistently week after week put in the work, complete the objectives and tasks we outline, or hire a reputable firm to do it for you and you will see lasting positive results.
9 tasks to complete
- Review the ways to increase traffic to newer websites.
- Create social media accounts and start posting.
- Promote your business locally.
- Master the best SEO practices.
- Write blogs and press releases and syndicate your content.
- Set up an email / newsletter campaign.
- Ramp up your email campaign efforts.
- Push new SEO driven content to your site.
- Harness the power of backlinks to build up your website’s authority.
Learn digital marketing. Seven Boats Academy offers online digital marketing class, digital marketing course in Kolkata & digital marketing workshop for students, professionals & entrepreneurs/organizations.