One of the ways through which you can increase traffic to your blogs and grow the number of your blog readers is through social media marketing. Social media tolls such as twitter; YouTube and facebook give you an upper hand as you try to reach your customers regardless of where they are in the world. The good things are that you can use social media tools to market your business for free by following the following ways.
- Publish your blog content on the social media profiles: You can easily publish your blog posts to you twitter of facebook profiles through tweet feed. You should also set up your blog posts in such a way that they will publish automatically on LinkedIn, Google + whenever they are uploaded without you having to upload them. This can easily be done through your social media profiles settings and any other tools that support this kind of business.
- Include follow me icons on your blogs: You should invite all your readers to follow you on facebook or in twitter. This should be included at the side bar of your blog. Whenever a reader reads your blog then will then follow you on twitter curious to know what you want them to know. By doing this you will be increasing the number of people who follow your blogs and eventually your blog traffic will start doubling. Through this you will be encouraging people to read your content even when they have not actually visited your blogs.
- Use social media tools and widgets: Most social media sites provide widgets for free and this is something that you should take advantage of. This will help in giving your content more exposure rather than when you do not have widgets. For example facebook and twitter have widgets which you can add to your website easily without having any problems.
- Add sharing links to your blog posts: You should make it easy for people to share your blog posts in social media tools such as Google +, twitter and LinkedIn by including sharing button. In tweet meme the retweet button and the sociable wordpress plug-in are some of the easiest ways to make your blog posts sharable.
- Repost other peoples content: It is essential that you share content from other sites in your social media account. This is healthy as by sharing other peoples content you are also increasing the visibility of your profile on your network. Eventually this will be posted to your website and you will rip highly. Any person who was overwhelmed by the information that you had shared on your profile will probably visit your wall again so as to find out some more information. Tweeting or posting other peoples content makes you sound natural. It shows that you are not only interested in your own blogs but you are also willing to market other peoples post and be friendly.
- Never force yourself to acquire more followers: Many people think that they will benefit much by applying the ‘scratch my back and I scratch yours rule ‘this means that you should not follow people just so that they can follow you back. This does not work well in social media marketing. You should understand that networks are created naturally because people like your stuff and products. The only way in which you can effectively market yourself online is through trust. You should build a reputable person online though the content of your blogs. People will follow you naturally if they are appealed by your persona and the content of your blogs. All you need to know is that every post that you publish will be viewed by people within your circles as they are interested in your work. Work tirelessly towards improving your blog as the wait is priceless.
- Make your blogs more enticing: Studies have shown that headings which are in question form tend to attract more followers than the titles which are just delivering information. A follow will be more interested with a blog that offers answers to his problems rather than that which just gives additional information. You have to uniquely write your description in such a way that it will attract the reader. If you are not sure about which blog to post then you should tweet a question and let your readers respond by clicking to your link.
- Be active on social media tools such as facebook, twitter and LinkedIn: Publishing your blogs and then posting them is not enough. You need to be active and take apart in the social media profiles. You should reply messages to other people and also retweet and share their content. Also remember to publish high quality content that will catch the eyes of many readers.
- Join groups on the social media profiles: There are many groups on the social media profiles such as facebook and LinkedIn. You should search for groups which are related to the types of blogs you post and then join them. Join them and start taking parts in comments and conversations. With time you can link them to your best blogs although you should be careful not to do it excessively. If you overdo it then your friends might think that you are a self promotional spammer and will report or knock you out of their circle.
- If there are other blogs under the same niche write blog posts for them: You should find out whether there are other blog posts under the same niche, if you find some then you should connect with the owner and enquire on whether they can take guest blogs from you. If you get a nod then you can write guest blogs and see how they fair in other different blogs.
- Repurpose content: In this you should think of ways in which you can give use different ways to give your content exposure .this could be though YouTube or photos.
All these are ways through which you can increase traffic to your blog posts using social media platforms. You need to find out which works for you best and then give it a shot. Many of them have proven to work and give wonderful results.