Are you among those that think that SEO is primarily, and only, for B2C companies? You need to rethink your strategy and incorporate SEO methods into your B2B sphere as well. After all, SEO is all about engaging online users to your brand and helping them find your website and content. B2B marketing is also based on relationship between a buyer and a seller. However, the tricks of the trade for B2B SEO marketing are a tad different from that of B2C, though the underlying basics are the same. Here are the top 5 SEO tricks for B2B companies:
- Better Content: If content marketing is the cornerstone of SEO, for B2B marketing you need better content, instead of more content. Quality is more important than quantity. Business heads and decision makers are your target readers. You cannot expect to be frivolous or sketchy in your writing. You need not crank out too much of volume in terms of content.
- Social Media: Use social media pages judiciously. Don’t go around town adding random people or pushing your web links and pages demanding that people ‘like’ or ‘retweet’. Instead of push marketing, update your brand and company info on social media pages and highlight your strong areas so that business heads take an interest in your published content.
- Fresh Content: In B2B marketing, you need to constantly update your website with fresh content. By adding new content to your pages, you are giving your readers something new each time they visit your web pages. That interests business figures into thinking that yours is an active and dynamic brand.
- Maintain Relationships: In B2B marketing, your focus is to create and establish healthy business relations with your target audience. Promotional offers and discounts don’t really matter for your target audience in the B2B framework. What works in engaging, value-added content: news and updates about your domain of work are a good idea to work on.
- Budget Matters: Before splurging on your SEO B2B marketing budget, prioritize according to necessity. Don’t overspend on SEO items that will not add value to your campaign. The requirements of your SEO campaign depend on your objectives and target audience. Proper budgeting is essential for effective and goal-oriented B2B SEO marketing.