Picking the right SEO team for the online chapter of your business can be a daunting task. There are many possibilities that you have to consider, along with some strong decisions that you need to take to weed out those that you don’t want onboard. Roughly speaking, you have to look at these basic metrics to select the right SEO team that will do your business a world of good:
- Experience: An SEO team with plenty of work experience is a must-have. Such a team will surely know how to go about their job without jeopardizing your online business by adopting black-hat means. Look at the body of work that an SEO team has done. You can ask for white papers to find out what the team has done for major brands or even for start-ups. If you find their work satisfactory, by all means consider that particular SEO team seriously.
- Recommendations: The positive feedback that you receive from your peers about a particular SEO team is a guide good enough. You can check up SEO teams on social and professional networking sites, like Facebook and LinkedIn respectively. Put up status updates on your own page to invite suggestions from professional contacts.
- Geography: Go for an SEO team that you can meet in person, at least a couple of times. Hiring offshore teams may come in good on the price calculator but may become difficult to communicate or get your ideas across if you want a hands-on SEO team. Location plays an important part here.
- Price: The cost of the SEO services will be the decider for most businesses looking for SEO teams, more so if they are start-ups. You have to work within a reasonable budget frame. However, be careful about exorbitantly low prices on SEO services. They are most likely to offer sub-standard services and endanger your online brand identity.
- Range: You wouldn’t like to have more than one SEO team working for you, if you can help it. Look at the range of services offered by SEO firms. You may not need some of them at present but when you think big in the near future, it would be cumbersome to roll up your business and hunt for another SEO firm. Select a team with a wide range of SEO services on the menu.