800% increase in job opportunities in last 5 years. Entrepreneurship is also on big rise. Digital Marketing career path is more than 60% better than others.
1.8X average salary hike in a year for right candidates. Huge scope for Part-time passive income too. Globally accepted skill.
Huge Demand – Top MNCs, SMEs & startups have a huge & increasing demand for the digital marketing professionals & Freelancers
Highest Growth – 1/3rd of businesses are planning to introduce a Digital Transformation program & 1/3 already have. Highest industry growth & better job security.
So digital marketing career is on high demand for skilled professionals. Demand of expert marketing professionals were always there and in coming days it will be as usual and digital marketing is now replacing the traditional marketing, so the digital marketing career path is brighter and safer than other fields.
Digital Marketing Career Statistics
According to a Study made by Direct Marketing Association, Digital Marketing Industry is worth $62 billion! Also, according to eMarketer, Last year, advertising via mobile phones and tablets rose 180 percent, to $4 billion. This market is estimated to touch $7.2 billion soon. This rise is leading for high demand for professionals skilled in Digital Marketing.
The average pay for a Digital Marketing Manager is Rs 441,829 per year. On an average it varies from 1.08 Lac at lower end to 12 Lac per year at average end. Most people move on to other senior strategic management jobs if they have more than 10 years of experience in this field. They can earn upto 10 lacs per month (1.2 cr per year). Experience strongly influences income for this job. The highest paying skills associated with this job are Online Marketing, Social Media, Content Strategist, Data Scientist and Google Ad Words.
Source – Payscale
Growth of digital marketing
Let’s have a look at some interesting facts to give you an idea of how and where the world is heading as far as digitization is concerned.
- The Digital India Campaign started by PM Narendra Modi aims at encouraging each Indian to use digital platforms. Digital India to create 18 lac jobs… INR 4.5 lac crore to be invested” Narendra Modi @ Digital India Launch
- Low cost of mobile phones is making it easy for people to go online. In fact, India has one of the largest population of internet users. By 2020 there will be more than 500 million Internet users across the country. 3G/4G penetration has revolutionized the market scenario and created ample business opportunities for companies to reach out to customers online.
- It is estimated that by the year 2020, every company around the world will have an online presence. But in order to get high search engine rankings and increase customer base, these businesses will need digital marketers to guide them at every step.
- According to a report Digital Advertising in India, jointly published by IAMAI and IMRB, the value of ‘Online Advertising market in India is increasing at the rate of 30% year on year’.
- The e-commerce industry is growing at breakneck speed.
- More than 70% of marketers believe that traditional marketing models will not be sufficient to grow their business. They are developing marketing strategies by considering the digital media users in mind. As of the year 2016, 35% of companies already have a digital marketing strategy in place. They believe that this move will help them increase their revenues by 30%.
- A company is using its 75% marketing budget on digital marketing which was 2% in 2014. 46% consumers consider social media pages to check the reviews of consumers before making a decision which have urged 38% companies to hire more digital marketers for the promotion of their brand. Only US companies are spending $23.6 billion budget on digital ads and 4% companies are spending more than $1 million per annum on digital marketing. 49% consumers believe that brands with online presence are reliable and prefer those brands which are engaged with consumers.
Hence, digitization has become a movement. It is no longer an option for businesses. If they wish to survive in this competitive era, they need to market themselves on digital platforms.
Comparison of Digital Marketing With Other Job Oriented Courses
|Courses||Duration||Avg Fees||Probability of job||Last 3years stats||Avg Salary per month|
|2 Years||4-6 Lacs||55%||35/100||Rs.24,000|
|4 Years||Upto 8 Lacs||19%||17/100||Rs.13,000|
Digital Marketing Career path
In your digital marketing career, you can start as a trainee and can go upto the level of MD / CEO / COO / CMO. There is no limit for the deserving and expert candidates.
- 0-1 years of experience: Digital Marketing Executive / SEO /SMO/ Executive.
- 1-3 years of experience: Digital Marketing Specialist/Expert/ Sr. Executive / Analyst.
- 3-5 years of experience: Digital Marketing Team Lead/Asst. Manager/Client Relationship Manager .
- 5 years of experience: Campaign Manager / Digital Marketing Manager/ Communication Manager/ Brand Manager.
- 6-8 years: Digital Marketing Strategist/Brand Strategist/ Sr. Manager.
- 8-10 year and above: Associate Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer.
More Links –