In June 2019, we observed the average website getting about 2.2 page views per visit. Let’s make it a goal to try and increase your page views per visit to 2.7 in the future which would put your website into the top 15% of all websites.
CX – Customer Experience is the King
Before investing in PPC and SEO to increase your website traffic, you want to make sure your current visitors are having a great experience on your website and are fully engaged with your content and message. The number of page views per visitor is a commonly used metric to gauge the quality of your website’s user experience. As such, this is a very important metric to keep your eye on and it can also be a hard one to improve. If you get it right you can expect:
- Reduced customer support. A good user experience on your website should answer visitors’ questions before they need to contact you directly. Clearly communicating where visitors can access information about such things as hours of operation, address, return policy, services provided, etc.., will always reduce the amount of questions visitors will contact you about.
- Increased sales. A good website user experience has the potential to increase your number of customers by 40%. This will be the case whether you sell services or products.
- Increased returning visitors. Once a person uses your site, a good user experience can dramatically increase your online and in-store sales. If they know you have a fantastic up-to-date website that is easy to navigate they’ll be more likely to keep coming back.
5 tasks to complete
- Make your website load faster.
- Make your website navigation simple and intuitive.
- Write web content that your visitors will love.
- Use internal linking on your site to enhance navigation.
- Clean up broken links and create a user-friendly 404 page.