Did you know that email databases lose on average about 22.5% of their power every year? This happens when people change their email address, unsubscribe from your mailing list, or just forget to adjust their spam filter so you don’t end up in their spam folder. Here are some tips for ramping up your email campaigns:
- Center your emails on fresh, remarkable content for your subscribers.
- Create multiple email subscription types and let your visitors select the campaign that best fits their needs.
- Include a call to action button instead of a text link, it can increase conversion rates by as much as 28%.
- Give your subscribers the option to share their favorite email campaigns with their friends with a social media buttons.
- Send opt-in emails to old lists, with an inviting message to re-subscribe and a promise to remove past subscribers who don’t want to return.
- Personalize the email as much as you can. Personalized emails deliver up to 6x higher transaction rates.
Steps to complete this task
Optimize your landing pages so that they load quickly. Compress your photos/videos and minimize complicated code.
Write short, actionable, and compelling content for your email landing pages. The link in your email should always be specific. When people open an email and click a link it should take them to an individual blog posts and not the entire blog. Similarly, if you are emailing a coupon or offer take them to a page that makes that clear – don’t just send them to your homepage.
Another significant aspect of email marketing is leveraging your existing relationship with the recipient. Try to place someone’s name in your greeting. It shows far greater care to send a personalized email that is specific to a recipient’s needs and history than a blanket form email to your whole email list.
Use colors, branding, and photos in your emails that are consistent with your website brand and theme. Make sure the content in your email matches the content on your website and social media channels. Consistency is key, no matter how users are accessing your brand or business.
Craft the best subject line possible. As a general rule, make them long and specific for clickthroughs; keep the subject short for opens. That said, test every email on a small portion of your overall audience and try different subjects to see what works the best before sending emails to your entire audience.
Timing is extremely overlooked in email campaigns. The best open rates usually aren’t from emails being sent between 9 to 5 (local time). A better strategy for many audiences is to send emails in the early morning. Most users check their email first thing and you want your email to be one of the first emails they read. After a scrolling through a few emails, people tend to become uninterested. Again, test and find out what works the best for your audience.
Optimize for mobile. 66% of emails are read on either smartphones or tablets. Convert your email to a one-column template for an easy mobile fix and make the main call-to-action obvious and easy to tap or click even on a small screen. Last, optimize photos and videos to get your email to load as quickly as possible. Goes without saying but also make sure your email is viewable and looks good on desktop.
- Review the ways to increase traffic to newer websites.
- Create social media accounts and start posting.
- Promote your business locally.
- Master the best SEO practices.
- Set up an email / newsletter campaign.
- Ramp up your email campaign efforts.
Learn digital marketing. Seven Boats Academy offers online digital marketing course, digital marketing course in Kolkata & digital marketing workshop for students, professionals & entrepreneurs/organizations.