It is every writer’s dream to wake up in the morning and crank out as many words as possible! However, on sitting down at their computers, and spending about a couple of hours in the process of writing, they find that their output is woefully low. That is a reality for most web content writers. To take up this challenge head-on, here are the top 5 techniques for prolific content writing:
- Distractions: Kill your distractions ruthlessly. Shut off the digital distractions like online chat, emails and other alerts. As for the offline ones, segregate a writing zone for your work. Do not allow distractions like laundry, post deliveries or phone calls to cut through your writing mood.
- Plan: Keep your writing plan ready the day before. Crucial time is wasted hunting for topics or surfing for data online. Spend some time in research and put them on stand-by. When you sit down to write, get into the thick of things immediately.
- Freedom: If you want to write creative content, you must be prepared to waste some words in coming to the idea that you want to put across. Write freely and edit furiously. Do not be miserly about how much you write every day. Write what comes to your mind and that usually takes lesser time to finish.
- Errors: While writing, do not spend time going back and forth about spelling mistakes or grammatical errors. Weed out the typos during the editing phase and not when you are writing. If you find some errors or doubts in your data or stats, mark them out and come back for them later on.
- Jot: You can produce voluminous amount of writing every day only if you never run short of ideas. To keep the idea bank filled to the brim, carry a notebook around with you. Jot down ideas, sentences or concepts as you get them in your mind. Keep these jottings ready by your computer when you begin to write formally and draw generously from these idea cards.
Finally, your writing will get smoother with practice. Hit a certain number of words every day so that you are always in the practice.