Before discussing the top off-page techniques for this year, we will discuss what is SEO? In layman’s terms Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a technique or process that increases the visibility of a website in a search engine. There are two important key factors – On-page SEO and Off-page SEO. Both are important for SEO.
So, SEO = Off-page SEO + On-page SEO
Though, Off-page SEO and On-page SEO both are important for increasing the visibility of a website but here we will discuss the latest trend of off-page SEO technique for 2013.
What is Off-page SEO ?
Off-page SEO is the technique or process that promotes your website beyond the website design. In another word, Off-page is the only thing you can do off site to increase your rankings by building up more backlinks. More links will generally lead to better Google PageRank and better search engine rankings.
In 2013, we know that Google changed its algorithm. So, now the question is, according to current Google Panda & Penguin update what should be the right off page activity to get better rank? Here, I will discuss some important off page SEO techniques which can help you to increase your website visibility and to get higher page rank:
- Social Networking : Social networking or social media marketing is the most essential element for Branding and as well as for online reputation management. Google search algorithm also counts social signals as one of their ranking factors. You need to join in the most popular social networking sites like – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ etc & use them regular effectively.
By utilizing these social networking sites you can build an online community and engage your audience in a better way. If your site is good enough (Good information, Quality content, Good layout & more) other webmasters shall start giving link to your website.
- Guest Blogging: – Blogging is one of the best way to promote your website online. Submit your Blog to different good Blog directories, Forum and Article marketing sites. Remember the blog or article should be unique, informative and interesting. You can use these types of words to your blog title like – Top Lists…., How to….., best list of… etc. because visitors like this type of contents.
It will help to increase your authorship visibility in the web and other websites might link to your website’s content, which in turn helps search engine to crawl your website more frequently and that will help to get high rank in search result.
- Blog Marketing / Blog Commenting : – Blog commenting is another good way to promote your website/blogs. Now, do blog commenting on various blogs related to your niche, where you can put your links in the comments section. Remember not to spam, use it wisely. Put your comments both on dofollow & nofollow blogs.
- Social Bookmarking : Social bookmarking is the smart way to promote your website. But for social bookmarking, you need to deal with only good, high PR, effective bookmarking sites, like Digg, Delicious, Reddit, Stumbleupon etc. When you publish a new article or blog, you can share them on these sites. Do not bookmark on poor quality pligg or scrap sites.
- Photo and Video Sharing : – “A picture can say thousand words.” It shows that graphical things like photos, videos, infographics are more attractive to online visitors. Now it has becomes one of the popular SEO strategies. You can share your photos or images on major popular photo sharing websites like Flickr, Picasa, Photo Bucket, Picli, Pinterest etc.
As well as you can also share or publish your video, tutorials or any other related videos on the top video sharing sites like YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
- Link Baiting : – It is the another great way to promote your site. Link Bait is a piece of content on a website, may be it is an article, blog post, picture, or any other section of cyberspace with other website links for the purpose of tempting other web pages to link to that site. Matt Cutts defines link bait as anything “interesting enough to catch people’s attention.”
- Press Release:- Though Google has announced that press release will not be providing the backlinks to your site but press release is a very good process to generate good traffic and brand value for your website. 1888pressrelease, Open PR, and PR Leap are three websites where you can submit your press release article. PRnewswire is another good paid press release site.
- Article Directories & Web 2.0 Properties : – Google loves latest, unique and good content. So, if you submit good blog or articles to different good high PR websites like Ezine, Go Article, Zerys or even set up an account on Yahoo Voices, it will boost your website’s popularity and rank also.
On the other way also, you can submit your article (useful and unique content) to some good web 2.0 sites like Squidoo Lenses and HubPage etc. But remember don’t submit same article or blog on all web 2.0 sites. Don’t spin or use automated softwares. You have to need unique article for every web 2.0 sites because if you submit same article on all web 2.0, Google count just 1 backlink for your website or might not count any link.
- Question-Answer : Try to join some question-answer related websites like Yahoo Answers , Cha-Cha etc. Participate in the questions related to your subject and this can be a great way to increase your link popularity.
- Business directories and Local listing : Enlist your business website to related business directories and local listing websites for SEO benefits. By creating an account in these directories post some good, unique, quality information about your service which will help to optimize your site and to provide good quality backlinks.
Final note: Focus on quality links, blend strategy for tier 1, tier 2, tier 3 links, rotate anchor texts (exact anchor, related keywords, naked link, brand name link, “click here” links), bring variety to link profiles (articles, profiles, forums, PR, social, directories, wikis, answers, guest blogs, comments, debates, reviews & more)
According to my point of view, these are some tips or suggestions about latest off-page SEO technique. I hope if you will follow these strategies in 2013, it can help you to build up your SEO rankings.